Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So they say...."not all snakes are deadly"...yeah, right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they say...."not all snakes are deadly"...yeah, right!

I said I would tell the story on another thread.

Anyone that knows me well enough, knows.....I HATE snakes. Quite frankly, they scare me to no end! I had an experience with a water moccasin when I was either 5 or 6 that has NEVER left me. I have had a deathly fear of any, and all, slithering snakes since then. It does not matter if they are venomous are not....they are all evil, as far as I am concerned

So here goes.....yesterday, I was walking out of the front door of my house....paying zero attention to the ground. I mean, I am in an area where (in my mind) I am free and clear of worry for what could be dangerous. I take about 6 steps (in shorts and flip flops), apparently step on him and feel something suddenly wrap several times around my ankle. White girls CAN jump! And white girls can pogo without the stick!!!

I jump, he comes off, I hear this crazy LOUD (possibly screaming) sailor talk and realize it was sounding like my own voice (Thankfully, no neighbors were outside....and I am really hoping they all had tv's on very loudly at the time and missed that colorful language!)

The snake (while not venomous....but possibly still deadly!!!!) was about 3.5' long, fell off my leg and went directly into the bushes next to the house.

I can't breathe, I am feeling somewhat faint (OK...maybe a tad exaggeration, but not much!) and can feel my heart literally beating out of my chest.

I go take my blood pressure, and this is what I see....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8361.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	25148204

So, see.....snakes do not have to be venomous to kill ya....dang thing almost gave me a heart attack!

Y'all laugh all you want....but I don't need any snakes in my life for nothing! There are birds and cats that will eat the same things snakes do....and I am not afraid of any bird or cat!

yep, no such thing as a non-dangerous snake.

Comment

Comment

Yep they will make you hurt yourself!
        Glad it didn't bite you.

Comment

In the words of the late great Richard Pryor, “snakes make you run into trees”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It still freaks me out when they surprise me. Usually weedeating in flip flops and step on, or next to them.

I'll never get used to a snake surprising me, ever.

Comment

sooooo.....what you're saying is....the snake is still alive & out there to finish the job next time?

Comment

I’m right there with you on snakes! Can’t stand em!!!

Comment

Poor little snake was just looking for rats when you assaulted him in his world......

He was just scared...

Click image for larger version

Name:	cavalrly flag snakes finished.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	24542228

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                    sooooo.....what you're saying is....the snake is still alive & out there to finish the job next time?
                    Hush that talk! I can assure you...I will be looking out the door before I open it again! LOL
                    Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Poor little snake was just looking for rats when you assaulted him in his world......
                    He was just scared...
                    [ATTACH]910469[/ATTACH]
                    I'm pretty sure I did scare him....but clearly not as much as he scared me. He is not welcome here....hopefully, he went on to the neighbors....they are much nicer than me, I am sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      Hush that talk! I can assure you...I will be looking out the door before I open it again! LOL

I'm pretty sure I did scare him....but clearly not as much as he scared me. He is not welcome here....hopefully, he went on to the neighbors....they are much nicer than me, I am sure!

Neighborhood facebook watch thread.

"Mary why were you outside with you bow this evening?.."

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                        But what about the roof & trees?

Just saying....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Neighborhood facebook watch thread.

"Mary why were you outside with you bow this evening?.."
                          Y'all just back up...I'm shootin' 3.5' snakes...I'm saving the neighborhood (or maybe it's just my own life!)

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                            But what about the roof & trees?

Just saying....
                            I don't like you anymore!

Comment

As my wife opened our front door the other day, she noticed something moving in her wreath as a snake slithered out. I'm afraid you can run but you can't hide.

Comment

Working...
                              X