Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feral horse hunt called off due to pressure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    I totally love this! Talk about motivation to heal!
    I bet the vet would have lowered the repair bill just to keep the horse from becoming dinner. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Let’s be real for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LOL. Love it

Comment

Horse huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          I don't care either way... guess my question is what do you do with one after you shoot it?
          I'm sure I'd take advantage of the situation to say "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse." And mean it quite literally.

Comment

Found nearly 200 feral horse dead at gray mountain.
            Population estimates of 50-70k feral horses.

Nearly 200 feral horses were found dead in Gray Mountain, anunincorporated town on Navajo land in Coconino County, Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Next time when they set up the hunt maybe don't announce it to the World. A hunting site or two will get them all the hunters they need. They could also do a couple Helihorsey hunts and thin the herd really quick.
              Yeah, they need to not advertise the hunts. Just send out a mailer to current hunting license holders and let them know they are selling the tags. Easy money

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Next time when they set up the hunt maybe don't announce it to the World. A hunting site or two will get them all the hunters they need. They could also do a couple Helihorsey hunts and thin the herd really quick.
                Id like to watch one of the popular outdoor tv personalities mow a few down with the shotty from a chopper.

Comment

I use to work for a WWII veteran and he told me they served a lot of horse meat to him and the rest of the crew on the ship he was station on! He told me that it wasn't bad, although it did have a little different taste!

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    Found nearly 200 feral horse dead at gray mountain.
                    Population estimates of 50-70k feral horses.

https://www.wptv.com/news/national/n...-navajo-nation
                    I hate that they died a slow death but glad they're gone

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                      I hate that they died a slow death but glad they're gone
                      This is going to end up in a situation where not having the grass and water resources for the overwhelming amount of feral horses is going to be a much more inhumane way to end for the feral horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        I'm not surprised by this. People get weird when it comes to animals they consider pets. Dogs, cats, horses, rabbits etc. Now to be fair, I'm the wrong guy to be saying anything because I don't let our kids name anything but their horse and the dog. Not even the barn cat gets a name. We eat coons, possums, coyotes and everything else in between.

We thought my daughter's horse she'd just gotten for Christmas might having something wrong with him and the vet mentioned that it could have some long shot of a neurological problem (it ended up he didn't and he's just fine) but I looked the vet in the eye with my daughter standing there beside me and I said, "Well if he does, we are shooting him and eating him. For as much money as I paid for him, he isn't going to waste." I thought he was going to drop his clipboard. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "You can't eat a HORSE!" I said, "yes sir we can." One of his female vet assistants looked like she might pass out and he looked like he might call the law, so I tried to play it off a little and said something like, "well I hope it doesn't come to that....." to ease the tension. But I'm telling you, those folks nearly swallowed their bubble gum because they could tell I was dead serious, which I was.

An animal is an animal and meat is meat. Feral horses, over grazing and starving to death need to be controlled just like hogs, coyotes, deer or any other animal population. What's amazing is, if left to the animals rights folks, more animals would actually suffer and die slow painful deaths for no reason than by us hunters managing their herd sizes.

You can't talk rationally to the lefties.

I’m beginning to like you already. Great rational [emoji817]

Majority of snowflakes get offended by everything and animals being a major one yet the don’t stop to think where their meat comes from. They are just as guilty by association.

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

Comment

I remember reading one of Howard Hills favorite “Game Animals” he liked to go after were wild donkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            This is going to end up in a situation where not having the grass and water resources for the overwhelming amount of feral horses is going to be a much more inhumane way to end for the feral horses.
                            Absolutely that’s a rational thought, have that conversation with any horse lover though. Apparently they live forever

Comment

I was in Holland (Netherlands) and had steak i thought was beef and it was great. It was horse and it was very good.

Comment

Working...
                              X