Public Hunting Draw Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Hunting Draw Texas

So, as I'm sure most of you know, TPWD publishes a booklet every year that list a bunch of draw hunts. These are different than the postcard hunts. Anyways, my question is does anyone know when this years booklet comes out? Trying to schedule some hunting trips and might try to draw for some.

Here's the link to the 2012-2013 booklet

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...w7000_0112.pdf

The books come out in early- to mid-July, and the PDF version will show up on the website then as well.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

ive been wondering the same thing! thanks for the quick answer!

Comment

nobody ever gets drawn for those. might as well not even enter.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
            X2 Don't waste your time.

Comment

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
              X2 Don't waste your time.
              Part of me wants to agree with that quote from a selfish side, but in all reality I win a couple of drawn hunts every year. Been doing it for 11 years now and can't remember a year I have not one at least one hunt. Counting the youth hunts with my kids, we have won 3 hunts each year for the past two years.

Comment

Im going to try granger and lake george town in central texas this year. I herd everyone that entered last season made it in to lake george town last season.

Comment

Good luck boys on the draw hunts, I am putting in for a couple as well

Comment

Originally posted by BVM View Post
                    Part of me wants to agree with that quote from a selfish side, but in all reality I win a couple of drawn hunts every year. Been doing it for 11 years now and can't remember a year I have not one at least one hunt. Counting the youth hunts with my kids, we have won 3 hunts each year for the past two years.
                    I wish I had your luck!!! I have put in for most categories for the last three years and have yet to be drawn. I am hoping this year will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                      I wish I had your luck!!! I have put in for most categories for the last three years and have yet to be drawn. I am hoping this year will be different.
                      it helps when your application has a c-note attached to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                        Y'all just go ahead and believe that. The fewer that enter the drawings I do, the better my chance of getting picked. I have been drawn for 3 different hunt categories in the last 4 years and went on standby 4 times and got to hunt on 2 of them.
                        One of the draw hunts, South Llano River gun doe/spike/exotic hunt, I entered for 16 years and finally got picked. Got 3 whitetails and 3 axis deer in one afternoon and one morning hunt so I guess it was worth the wait.

Comment

Book Out

2013-2014 books on web....

if you don't enter you can't win. Do your homework look at the statistics, once you figure it out you should win at least one every year if not several...

Comment

Wish I had y'all's luck on getting drawn. In 13 years of entering adult and youth we have only been drawn on 4 hunts. 3 adult and only 1 youth. Good thing we had some luck on standby. My avatar was a standby hunt at Kerr WMA. Very good success with standby on youth hunts. No more youth in house so now just adult. Haven't been drawn on anything in 4 years so hoping this year I get lucky. Lot of preference points. I have kept all the statistics for the last 11 years so I can even see trends and it hasn't worked for me yet. May just pick blindly. Can't do worse. Maybe I'll try the c note.

Comment

Oh man i can't wait, i just put in for:

GUIDED GEMSBOK HUNT PACKAGE
                              GUIDED BIGHORN SHEEP HUNT PACKAGE
                              GUIDED SCIMITAR-HORNED ORYX HUNT PACKAGE

When should I expect to hear back from them?

Comment

Working...
                              X