Burr Under My Saddle- Buddy Trying To Sell A Dog He Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burr Under My Saddle- Buddy Trying To Sell A Dog He Found

A buddy of mine found a nice GSP a couple weeks ago around Lake Texoma. This female German Shorthair isn't microchipped and had no collar. He was trying to give her away until a trainer told him that he would sell a dog like that for $700. She sits, heels, fetches and is housebroken. She is kinda gun shy though and the vet said she is about 1 1/2.

What ****** me off is that he was trying to give her away for free before talking to a trainer. Now he wants $400 for her. I told him that I was more than happy to help him find her a home if he was giving her away. But that I am not interested in helping him flip her for a profit.

It ticks me off that he would even consider doing that. We haven't been friends for that long and this sure leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Im with you on that all the way. He should not be trying to profit from someone elses misfortune.

Comment

The correct phrase is "Burr in my saddle" BTW

Comment

Thtd make me a bit upset too. Thats a great lookin dog.

Comment

I agree its the wrong road to take but one good thing is if he finds someone to pay that for her she will probably be going to a much better home than he will give her

Comment

Someone is missing her!

Comment

If I put money into the dog (vet visit, vaccines, spay/neuter, training) I would be looking to get that money back but no matter what I always ask a rehoming fee. I figure if someone is going to pay for an animal they're more likely to take care of it but I usually end up breaking even. I've rescued quite a few dogs and i don't think I've ever made any money.

Comment

bad bad juju

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
                  If I put money into the dog (vet visit, vaccines, spay/neuter, training) I would be looking to get that money back but no matter what I always ask a rehoming fee. I figure if someone is going to pay for an animal they're more likely to take care of it but I usually end up breaking even. I've rescued quite a few dogs and i don't think I've ever made any money.
                  I guarantee you he hasn't put $400 into her. And if he said from the start that he wanted to try to sell her then I'd still frown on it but it wouldn't be bothering me so much. Only after the trainer told him what he would ask for the dog did he have any inclination to try and sell her.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    Someone is missing her!
                    X2. I guarantee it. I bet there is something in the paper or gas stations around there saying missing dog

Comment

Boy, he is a piece of work. He should be putting up some posters with her picture in it close to the area he found her that reads: "Have found this dog, owner that can proof ownership contact me at....."

GILBERT

Comment

What do you do with something you can't give away? Put a price tag on it. It'll sale.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTnTAIL View Post
                          X2. I guarantee it. I bet there is something in the paper or gas stations around there saying missing dog
                          And you can book since he thinks he can get $400-$700 for her the last person he wants to find or see show up is the owner. If he can't find something in the papers or in a country store around there then he needs to be putting something up or in the paper or on the internet.

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          What do you do with something you can't give away? Put a price tag on it. It'll sale.
                          Whether it is yours to sell or not. Everything that goes around comes around.

Comment

Definitely should be trying to find the owner. Thats pretty sorry that he isnt trying to find the owner and is trying to profit. I dont know about a re homing fee, if I picked the dog up on my own free will just to help out I definitely dont go looking for money out of it. The only reason I will pick up a dog though is if I think its a lost dog, just trying to get it back to its home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              Definitely should be trying to find the owner. Thats pretty sorry that he isnt trying to find the owner and is trying to profit. I dont know about a re homing fee, if I picked the dog up on my own free will just to help out I definitely dont go looking for money out of it. The only reason I will pick up a dog though is if I think its a lost dog, just trying to get it back to its home.
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X