Best Trad Pop-up Blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Trad Pop-up Blind?

I know there have been threads about pop-ups before but I just need some clarification. In your opinion, what is the best pop-up for shooting a longbow and recurve while sitting? I just sold my Carnivore because it was too short. I'm 5'9" and I bought a Big Mike blind and it is plenty tall but the windows are too tall to shoot over unless I do a half-squat/ half-stand maneuver. So I sent it back. I have a home made stake-out blind that I use but was thinking of getting another enclosed one. I'm thinking about the Double Bull Recurve but was wondering if anyone else has one that's tall enough with low enough windows.

I shot my 58" longbow out of a Double Bull darkhorse and didn't have a problem. I was probably canting the bow at about 1:00-2:00 oclock.

Matt

Comment

My DoubleBull DarkHorse Recurve works just fine with my 60" bows.. I'm 5' 10"

Comment

Double bull recurve models are the only way to go.....a standard double bull is not tall enough if you have your bow start up and down....even a slight cant can screw you up...

Comment

I have couple of older Double Bull T5's. To shoot my 60" longbow out of it with my normal 1:00 cant, I had to build a shorter stool - I think it is about 14" tall. Tthe arrow just clears the bottom of the window.

Comment

i love my ameristep 270. I can stand up and shoot out of it

Comment

I have several primos blinds that are 75" wide and 77" tall, I build bases with 16" walls and mount them on top of the walls. I can stand up and shoot a 66" bow vertically.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_B View Post
                i love my ameristep 270. I can stand up and shoot out of it
                I haven't shoot my recurve out of it yet but I can tell the ameristep 270 has plenty of room.

Comment

I have the double bull 360 or something like that. It is huge, but to be able to shoot out of it on two different sides, I need to sit back in the corner and cant my bow. I forget how long the bow is, it is a longbow. Also the proper height chair is required.

Comment

Primos recurve and the Summit Run-n-Gun Mega blind what I have are good choices and by the looks of the Ameristep 270 would be good all the way for price and room!!!

Comment

double bull. recurve, i'v had the "other" primos and had to stake up the front shooting ports...this was wile shooting a 66'' longbow, no prob. with recruve or short'longbows...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                        My DoubleBull DarkHorse Recurve works just fine with my 60" bows.. I'm 5' 10"
                        ^^^^^Best popup I have ever owned or hunted out of. So many options , I shoot my 68" selfbow to my 60" recurve . No problems.

Comment

I got a cheapy from Natchess Shooter supply thats really big. I dont remember the name or model. I just know it was big. Look at the center height the taller the better.

Comment

Ok when y'all are talking about the Amerstep 270, are you talking about the Harvester blind? I googled Ameristep 270 but all it led me to was forum threads and all the Ameristep blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                              Ok when y'all are talking about the Amerstep 270, are you talking about the Harvester blind? I googled Ameristep 270 but all it led me to was forum threads and all the Ameristep blinds.
                              I believe it is the Ameristep 270 Mag

Comment

Working...
                              X