Roof (Shingle) Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof (Shingle) Cleaner

Has anybody used the shingle (stain remover) cleaner on their roof. I hear that it works but have never seen it actually done nor have I known anyone personally that has used it. Ours is not terrible but could use some cleaning. If you have used it can you give me some recommendations and maybe some pictures if you have any. Also, which product did you use to do this. Thanks Jeff

Watching for replies. I have a big rust stain on my roof from the drain on the upstairs AC. I thought about getting up there with a power washer but I’m afraid it would damage the shingles.

Comment

Tagged. I got a quote for a company to professionally clean mine but it was like $700. That’s about 20% of what it would cost to just replace it.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Comment

I’ll get some info on it Tmo and get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a company out of Jefferson County that does pressure cleaning and rough cleaning. They have done mine twice in the last 10 years and it looks brand new when they finish. It kills the black bacteria and should make the roof last a lot longer. Since they have done it I hardly see any of the "rock" coming off.
              I want to say it's around 300 bucks and I have a very large and steep roof.
              The owner is Brian and the company is Frogwash, free estimates and I highly recommend him. He came out after Harvey and did a major clean up for us for a very reasonable price.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Has anybody used the stuff they sale at Lowes/Home Depot that they say you spray on then wash it off?

Comment

The new owner pressure washed the 15 yo roof on my house in Katy. I understand they have a head with multiple nozzles that they roll up and down the roof on ropes.

Comment

zinc strips on the ridge cap will keep algea from growing on the roof. I can't see any good coming from pressure washing a roof personally. Seen several folks do more harm than good there. Same goes for the folks that pressure wash their AC fins!

Comment

The stuff at lowes works if its not that bad. I think bleach and water 1/2 and 1/2 works just as good.

I have a buddy in Crosby that does the "soft washing" roof cleaning on the side. That stuff makes your roof look brand new. Its kinda pricey, but it makes a 15 year old roof look brand new. works the same on fencing, siding, and brick. Its low pressure so no worry about tearing up the roof. I can give you his number if your interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X