Water or Electricity........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electricity

As stated above water can be brought in and I'm personally not a fan of running a generator.

Comment

Both!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
        I'd rather have electricity. Rain catch system goes a long way. We have a 275 gallon tote at our lease. Before I leave the house, I put an empty 55 gallon drum in the bed of the truck and fill it with the hose. When I get to the lease, I plug in my electric pump and empty the drum into the tote. Takes about 10 minutes. Once you have the tote full, you just have to top off every now and then.
        x2 on this plan. even the small quite gens make to much noise for me when I'm in the woods.

Comment

What is the cabin worth?
          Will it fit your needs 5-10-15 years down the road?

I would go with the 38ac
          For 31% more money you are getting 90% more land
          If the house/cabin has considerable value then maybe reconsider
          I love to be cool when I am sleeping but I would look into solar powered options or suck it up and listen to a generator

Of course all of this is speculation with no basis

I would have to see both properties to compare fairly

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
            On family land we have neither, so I have to bring water and gas. If I had to pick one then electricity. I hate hearing the generator over the peace and quiet, dislike having to turn on generator to make food and I like the ac. Plus you can run a heater in the cold and turn on the lights at night. Water can be brought in like others said or catch the water. Hope this helps.
            agree to all 100%

Comment

Since the 20ac has a small house the CU is treating the loan as a typical home mortgage loan with a very low APR and 5% down. The 38ac place would be treated as raw land and the CU would require 20% down and nearly twice the APR of the 20ac place. With that being said we're gonna go with the 20ac place and catch rain for now. The extremely low monthly payments on the 20ac place will allow us to save up for the well if we decide to go that route and pay off the loan in about 8yrs or sooner.
              Last edited by joel45acp; 01-22-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Water

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_1231.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	24568000

I chose electricity. I catch rainwater on 800 sq/ft right now and supply a 3 bd singlewide 1 of every 3 weeks and rarely go less than 1/3 full on a 2500 gal tank.
                  I am currently adding a wrap around porch that when completed will give me 3200 sq/ft and I run about 75% efficient so ill get roughly 1500 gallons from every inch of rainfall.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    [ATTACH]943259[/ATTACH]

I chose electricity. I catch rainwater on 800 sq/ft right now and supply a 3 bd singlewide 1 of every 3 weeks and rarely go less than 1/3 full on a 2500 gal tank.
                    I am currently adding a wrap around porch that when completed will give me 3200 sq/ft and I run about 75% efficient so ill get roughly 1500 gallons from every inch of rainfall.
                    Do you have an approximate cost of your system?

Comment

I would think electricity would be a game changer. You can haul out your water and set up a water catchment off the building you buy. A few gutters and maybe $800 for a large container.

Comment

I think you will be pleased once you get your catchment setup. I have never relied on one, but we do have a 300 gallon auxillary tank that we use incase our supply line freezes.

Our well is a long ways away, and the previous owners layed 1-1/2" black poly on top of the ground. So we deal with no water situations quite regularly this time of the year. We can make 300 gallons last several days pretty easily. Ours is set up with a jaccuzi type pump, and a captive air tank. Works just like a water well.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                          Since the 20ac has a small house the CU is treating the loan as a typical home mortgage loan with a very low APR and 5% down. The 38ac place would be treated as raw land and the CU would require 20% down and nearly twice the APR of the 20ac place. With that being said we're gonna go with the 20ac place and catch rain for now. The extremely low monthly payments on the 20ac place will allow us to save up for the well if we decide to go that route and pay off the loan in about 8yrs or sooner.
                          I think you are going the right direction for sure! Good luck.

Comment

I'd take the electricity. Water catch and a pump solves water issue.

Comment

Ill take electricity.

Water is easy to solve and generators are just annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X