Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    Why not just drink water?
    I drink water all day. I just don’t drink it with my meals. I prefer something with taste with my food. I think you may have missed the entire reason for my post. Many people have a hard time giving up Coke, Dr.Pepper etc......you don’t have to give them up. Just switch to a diet version. Zero calories. Zero carbs.
    Last edited by Trevor73402; 01-07-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      Just curious here.....the people that have problems with “soda”, why not just switch to diet or one of the “zero” options? They have zero calories, zero carbs, and you can even get caffeine free if that is what you are trying to get away from. I realize they are full of chemicals....no way around that other than just not drinking them. I’m very healthy and in extremely good shape, but I still drink 2-4 caffeine free Coke Zeros per day. Mainly with my meals. I very much dislike drinking water with my meals.

*** As for taste, I honestly prefer Coke Zero over regular Coke. Same for Diet Dr.Pepper versus regular. The real version is just way too syrupy/sugary for me.
      I just went from Dr. Pepper to nothing. I never have liked the taste of diet and feared that if I tried to get off the other with diet that I would like it. I usually just have water. Every once and a while I will have a Dr. Pepper.

Comment

Sounds like the Whole30 with a few minor differences.

Comment

Most "diets" will work if you stick with them. What you are doing is similar to how I have been eating almost the last ten years.

When I got done playing ball after college I tried several different approaches, this has been the easiest for me. It has worked for years.

I meal prep all my meals, basically just a meat, vegetable, and adjust carbs and fats depending how strict I am, If i am trying to get really lean I will ratchet down, basically cut out "cheat meals" and alcohol. But even if I am lax on the diet, like around the holidays, I do not drink soda or ever eat fast food. I basically eat the same just more, and I may have a cookie once in a while or some chocolate.

Comment

I like this "diet" as well. Could be basically the paleo diet or if you are including full fat dairy in your diet it would be the primal diet. I try to stick to something along these lines as much as possible but am admittedly the worst yo-yo dieter in the world. Good luck!

Comment

Hope it improves your overall health. I eat similar to this when I'm not traveling around with my kid. Hard to when eating out.

Comment

**** flex might have a cookie every once in a while little over achiever. :-)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting. Those Genetic tests said that I'm like 80% nordic. I thought about going on a nordic-type diet, full of fish and stuff, but then said no too much hassle. Would be interested in seeing how a diet of what your ancestors ate would work out for people.

Comment

Just curious here.....the people that have problems with “soda”, why not just switch to diet or one of the “zero” options? They have zero calories, zero carbs, and you can even get caffeine free if that is what you are trying to get away from. I realize they are full of chemicals....no way around that other than just not drinking them. I’m very healthy and in extremely good shape, but I still drink 2-4 caffeine free Coke Zeros per day. Mainly with my meals. I very much dislike drinking water with my meals.

*** As for taste, I honestly prefer Coke Zero over regular Coke. Same for Diet Dr.Pepper versus regular. The real version is just way too syrupy/sugary for me.
                    I have bad reflux, and dr who did scope recommended I give up cokes. A year later i had a check up appointment. For the whole year i did not drink cokes. Three or 4 days leading up to the appointment i had 1 diet caffeine free coke for lunch for the 3 or 4 days. Not drinking cokes didnt affect my reflux and thats all that was left at the lodge at the ranch i worked on. As soon as the dr looked down my throat he said dont drink another diet caffeine coke, it looks like you were drinking battery acid. He knew instantly just by looking. Ive been scared of those things ever since if he could tell after drinking 3 or 4.

Comment

I probably eat 90% all natural but do still take in dairy products in moderation... the good thing with all natural is any activity you do manual labor, working out or running your body will burn right through those foods! Good luck man!

Comment

My resolution is to eat clean and drop some weight, it’s only been a few days but I feel a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          **** flex might have a cookie every once in a while little over achiever. :-)

Hey when you give a Galveston 8.5 a piggy back ride across the bay in front of her boyfriend you deserve a cookie.

Comment

Diet soda has been claimed to have negative effects on health. This article reviews the research on diet soda and whether it's good or bad for your health.
                            Last edited by TxAg; 01-07-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Well I am pleased to report that things are still going well. Now down 11.5 lbs since Jan 1. Going to make an appointment for bloodwork next week to see what changes if any to cholesterol and other stuff have happened (if the cost isn’t too high).

Biggest changes are that my appetite has decreased by about half and I can go for hours after the first feeling of hunger and still have plenty of energy. At first I was eating all day long, whatever whenever and however much I wanted. My energy level has evened out considerably and I just don’t feel the urge to eat. Meat, veggies, and tons of fruit. Rice whenever we make something that is good with rice. That’s about it. Not overdoing salads or grilled meat either. Have nearly purged all sugar from the diet except what comes from fruit.

Last weekend I also finally admitted to myself that I have been abusing alcohol and so I made the decision to cut that out. I’m just done with how it makes me feel and how I act when I drink. No alcohol will keep the weekends from going out of control so I expect the metabolism to pick up a bit and have more continuity from Friday to Monday.

Comment

Just a suggestion on having bloodwork done, but if you are paying out of pocket you might wait a while longer. When I started eating differently, it was recommended I wait at least 6 weeks to have bloodwork redone, and preferably 8-12 weeks. You’ll see some changes fairly quickly, but some things take longer for your body to adapt to. Our insurance pays for the labs as part of our health incentive package, but not all do.

Comment

Working...
                                X