'Vine Antlerless Regs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Vine Antlerless Regs?

I'm a little confused about the antlerless reg's for the corps land in Denton county. I called the office, but they couldn't help me...

The Corps book says bag limits are designated by the county regulations. When I look up Denton county here's what it says...

--------------------------------------------------------
    White-tailed Deer

Archery Only: September 27-October 31, 2008. No permit required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.

General Season: November 1, 2008-January 4, 2009. Bag limit: 3 deer, no more than 1 buck, and no more than 2 antlerless.

During the first 16 days of the general season, antlerless deer may be taken without antlerless deer permits unless MLDP or USFS antlerless permits have been issued for the tract of land. On USFS, Corps of Engineers, and Sabine River Authority lands, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only. If USFS antlerless or MLDP antlerless permits have been issued, they must be attached to all antlerless deer harvested from the tract of land. After the first 16 days of the general season, antlerless deer may be taken only by USFS antlerless or MLDP antlerless permits.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't recall seeing this 16 day bit before... So does this mean that antlerless cannot be taken on corps land as they do not issue permits??

might call the regional offic in FW and ask them for a clarification, or maybe even the TPWD office in FW to ask them. I have wondered the same thing.

Comment

i dont think you can use a gun on the vine. it is bow only correct? and I am confused on the same thing.

Comment

For deer, it's archery only.

You can use shot no larger than #4 for birds/small game.

Comment

Do you know if there is duck hunting? or just small game.

Comment

There might be some near the lake, I'm not sure.

Comment

thanks I appreciate it. We should get together for a bowhunt, I work at Liberty Christian In Argyle, tx and we could do a evening hunt or something sometime just let me know.

Comment

Sure, I've only hunted there a handful of times so I don't have much to show you. We've seen some hogs, but never a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                  Do you know if there is duck hunting? or just small game.
                  Yes, there is duck hunting. With the Grapevine Permit, you can duck hunt on the vine or Lewisville.

J

Comment

You will need to contact the TPWD office or the local game warden for further clarification. The Corps of Engineers can make restrictions and regulations for their land pertaining to methods, permits, etc...but TPWD is responsible for the harvest amount, dates to harvest bucks and antlerless, and tagging regulations.

Comment

I asked for clarification before the season started. You can shoot doe in Denton County (including USACE Grapevine) until this Sunday evening. After Sunday, it's buck only.

Comment

Yea i have seen deer but I havent seen any hogs.

Comment

Doe season closes Nov 16th, after that buck only.

I don't know that ACE has ever issued a doe tag. I would have the tag framed if they did.

You had to stand in line for the duck permit back in the summer. Limited number and they are all gone by 9:30 am.

Comment

Working...
                          X