75 gr broadhead recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Question. And a serious one. What is the need for a 75 grain head. The FOC is gonna suck.
    Great question and the first one that popped into my head. Is it a straight up speed thing? I can't imagine it being for any other reason. Even with a very light arrow, the FOC will still be low.

I had 75 gr heads on the wife's arrows for a while when she first started shooting. Figured it would give us the optimum speed for her light draw weight. I've since moved her up to 100 gr without much loss of speed but a higher KE.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      Great question and the first one that popped into my head. Is it a straight up speed thing? I can't imagine it being for any other reason. Even with a very light arrow, the FOC will still be low.

I had 75 gr heads on the wife's arrows for a while when she first started shooting. Figured it would give us the optimum speed for her light draw weight. I've since moved her up to 100 gr without much loss of speed but a higher KE.

Speed yes. But me being a speed freak I know you don't gain much droppin 25 grains except a lower FOC and a possible more unstable arrow.

Comment

Working...
      X