Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram Trucks

Thanks

On a whim we stopped at a Ram dealership. I've never considered Ram so it's the one truck I know the least about.

Last truck I owned was a Mazda B3000 and moved from it into a SUV. And that was, dang, 17 years ago.

Took a Ford and Ram for a test ride yesterday.

Wife liked the ride of the Ram over the Ford but with Ford's pedal adjustment she felt comfortable driving the Ford.

I'm just starting to read up on the Ram.

I do have to admit the 2019 Big Horn is sweet. Just can't pull that off right now with the MSRP of $50K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 95 Ram 1500 that I had until 2004, when I sold it to the neighbor with 238,000 miles on it. I had already purchased a 2003 1500. It made it to 199,483 last year when it threw a rod through the block. I replaced it with a 2015 1500 which is barely broken in at 36000. By the way, my former neighbor still uses my 95 as his lease truck.

Comment

I have a 2010 1500 with over 160k.

I’ve replaced water pump, alternator, and fan clutch. The two back doors don’t lock/unlock anymore electronically. It’s a $200 fix but I’m just too lazy to do it so they stay locked all the time. I just reach around through the front door when I need it unlocked. Everything else is running fine.

I’ve driven company F150s with eco boost and the V8. The Ram is in a whole other league with power. Both commuting and towing.

The only thing I regret when buying it was not getting 4wd but I’ve gone through some slick stuff hauling a trailer just fine.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one. My next truck will likely be a Ram 2500, Cummins with 4wd.

Comment

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab. 214,000 and still use it everyday for a local work truck running a residential landscape rig out of it. Just typical stuff, replaced the front hubs at 100k (because they are sealed and you cannot grease them) brake pads at 135k, oxygen sensor a couple times cuz I drove it like a bat out of hell until about 165,000. Serviced tranny and fuel system at dealer at 100k. Did all the oil/filter changes myself at 6k like clock work. Only ever put Royal Purple 5w-20 in it. I will be buying a Cummins 2500 or Power wagon next only because I do not like the new front ends on the 1500 (yet). Other than that no major issues. Great Truck. I was a Chevrolet man all my life until I bought that truck.

Comment

I'm on my 5th Dodge/Ram truck. I've had them all, Toyota/GMC/Chevy/Ford. Liked them all, but when it came time to buy a new truck last year, I went with Ram yet again. Last truck was an '06 1500 with the Hemi. I went with the 2500 6.4 this go round, and plan on keeping it for 10 years too. Only issues I've ever had from any of my trucks were either from stupid stuff I did (abuse from youthful actions of extreme mudding in my 89 GMC 4x4, 92 Ford 4x4, and 95 Toyota 4x4 ) or normal deals (water pumps, fan clutch, etc) and I didn't hesitate to purchase Ram again. I had a 94, 99, 2002, and the 2006...only the '06 and the new '16 Dodge/Ram trucks were 4x4. As stated above, all manufacturers make lemons periodically, but if you take care of your vehicles and do the maintenance, you shouldn't worry too much these days. My '06 had 200k miles on it when I bought my '16 early last year, and I never worried about driving it across country. I've got 33k miles on my '16 now and love it more every day

As far as MSRP, you can get quite a bit off of that...I suggest contacting Truckville in Sour Lake, Moritz in DFW area, or Henson in Madisonville. All were on my short list last year. Truckville gave me the best deal and I will check with them first whenever my wife decides to get her Challenger here in a few years, once the kids are driving and she no longer needs an SUV. Truckville was a sponsor at that time, not sure if they still are. Moritz is, unless something changed recently.

Comment

I have 2017 2500 w/ 6.4 Hemi and love it. 50K miles and it still does what I need it to do...

Comment

I have a 2016 Ram Eco Diesel with 59K miles on it. No issues so far. I had a 97 1500 with the 5.2 until 2017. It was a great truck. The only down side was anything that was rubber rotted out the last few years I had it.(as would any 20 year old truck). I wasn't brand specific, but I wanted a diesel and didn't need a 2500. I loved the look and the interior of the Ram, and they were the only ones offering a diesel 1500 version. I love the truck, not a huge fan of the exterior of the new dodges.

One of the things I like better about driving the Dodge vs the Chevy or Ford 1500's is I feel like I'm in a truck that's ready to tow. I just didn't get that feel from the other trucks at the time.

Comment

My BIl had a 15 model 1500 and the motor started knocking at 80k.

I have a dodge/Chrysler product and I won’t ever buy another one.. but by this thread there are people that have had nothing but great things to say about dodges. I say find a truck that is what you like and buy it!

I will say Ram gives you a heck of a lot of package for what you pay. They for sure out class the others in the same price ranges.

Comment

I had a Dodge ram 1500.. liked the room it had in the quad cab but wasn't impressed with anything else. (I've always been a Chevy guy and bought a Dodge just to change it up). My parents bought the dodge from me and they didnt really like it either and traded it in fairly quickly That was 2 cars (6 years) ago...i just bought a Tacoma the other day. I think I'm gonna like the little Toyota

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I purchased a 16 2500 CTD because of the packaging you can get.

Ram is giving a lot more bang for the buck than Ford. I was between the F250 and Ram 2500 when I bought. For the same truck, like for like at the time, Ford was 4-5k more an XLT trim to a built up tradesman.

I liked both trucks though. Ford makes a nice truck, I previously had 2 different f150s before the ram.

Comment

I have a 2017 Ram half ton with 18k miles on it. Due to its coil spring suspension it rides smoother than any of the other half ton trucks. Interior storage space is also a big thing for me, and the Ram has more little cubbies and storage than any other truck. We opted for the Crew Cab with the Ram Box bed. My wife can put all the groceries in one side of the bed!! They are much larger than you think and they don’t take away much bed space. You can still fit a 4X8 sheet of plywood in the bed. The truck also has 2 bins in the floor of the back seats. They are the size of small trash cans. We normally keep water bottles in them for road trips. They can fit 6 or 7 bottles of water in each one. The seats are also more comfortable to me than any of the other trucks.

The downfalls of the truck though are as follows. The 8 speed transmission is sealed. It has no dip stick to check the fluid!! So you have to take it to the dealership to change the fluid. The fit and finish inside leaves a lot to be desired. I was putting the front windows up the other day and the entire window switch panel in the drivers door popped out. When I’m outside of the truck but lean in to the truck to get something out of the center console, I end up hitting the electric seat switches and the seat ends up moving. The way the back seats are, it is VERY difficult to attach the top tether on my daughters car seat

That’s about it. Oh, someone mentioned that Chevy had the adjustable pedals. Well, Ram has that option too, it’s just typically difficult to find one on the lot that has it.

Comment

I had 4 Toyotas (2 small ones and 2 Tundras). My intention was to buy another one but I looked at the Ram 1500. Its a 2013 with 160k on it and has held up just as good or better than any of my Yodas. Much more comfortable ride and better gas mileage. I keep my foot in it and average a little better than 17 mpg. I did have an exhaust manifold bolt break, but thats it. At the time, Dodge gave me a much better price too. I've hauled a 32' bumper pull camper all over the state with it. I may step up to a 2500 next, but im in no hurry for a new payment. I will definitely take a hard look at another Ram though.

Comment

I started on Rams in 05. Was driving fords most of my life. As said before, maint. is the key. I have an 07 with 180+ no issues. My wife has a 12. we both love them. We have the platinum warranty on the 12, anything goes wrong with the truck $100 deductible and it is repaired bumper to bumper. I think we have to take it in every other year for them to do an inspection but other than that it is a life time warranty cant beet it with a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                              I had 4 Toyotas (2 small ones and 2 Tundras).
                              2 small ones and 2 smaller ones.

I have a couple Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CTD trucks and the only issue was front end alignment when new. Camber was out of wack. Great trucks.

Comment

2011 Ram 1500 (Hemi), 160,000 miles. I have had a few minor issues but nothing extreme.
                                I have driven all over the place. NM, Colorado, Florida, WY and Montana and may trips to west Texas hunting.... no serious issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X