Spindfield XDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spindfield XDs

Anyone have one and have any input? Going to take the wife to a range that has one for rent to let her test drive it. They have a deal right now if you buy one you get 2 free 9 round mags, 2 8 round mags, mag holder and a holster. It's 9mm.

I have the XDs 4.0 in 9mm. I like it. The trigger isn't perfect, but it's a good carry gun. I put the Powder River Precision spring kit in it and that improved it a little.

The 2 9 round mags / 2 8 round mags thing is good. They could have kept the mag holder and holster, as I don't care for either of them. They would do in a pinch, but not really something I'd use to carry my pistol.

Pearce Grip Extensions are nice on the shorter magazines. All of my short mags have them.

I initially purchased an IWB holster, but quickly decided I'd rather an OWB. I'm currently using a Storm holster and I like it.

All the best,
    Glenn

Comment

hopefully it's a 9mm. I've got a 45 and it's a pretty good handful. As cajuntex stated, get some Pearce grip extensions for short mags.

Comment

I've got the 4" and 3.3" barrel models, love them both. Carry them frequently.

I actually think the factory trigger isn't horrible, much better than some stock guns.

Comment

I just took advantage of the same accessory deal but I bought a Range officer compact 9mm 1911. Submitted my registration online today actually. Great deal Springfield is putting on now through June I think.

Comment

357Sig is our fav

Comment

I have a XDs in 40cal. Has a good feel to me when I shoot it but not for my wife when she shot it. She likes the size of the gun. Look at the 9mm.

Comment

Yes we are looking at the 9mm in the 3.3. I bought her a sig 239 with a ladies trigger and with her small hands she can't get used to the long trigger pull. She would actually probably been better of with the stock trigger on that gun.

Comment

I like them, good weight and balance to me. Have her shoot it and manipulate the slide to make sure it's a gun she's comfortable with

Comment

I have the 9mm as my carry gun and I love it.

Comment

I have the XD9. I carry it now rather than my Kimber. It feels a lot more comfortable to sheet IMO.

Comment

.45 XDS is my everyday carry gun. Trigger isn't the best, but it'll do.

Comment

Powder river triggers fix most the trigger issues.

I do not like the XDS. I carry the full size XD. Double the rounds.

Comment

I love the XDS I have a matching pair of the 3.3 in .45 and it is my edc of choice. The trigger does leave a little to be desired but it goes bang no matter what I feed it. Have about 1000 rds through the older one and never had a failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the pistol, but hated the trigger. Yes trigger job helped, but still not the best.
                              I bought a 9 xds because I liked my .40 xd so much. My opinion the glock 42 is a much better pistol to shoot.
                              However, dependable and easy to carry.

BP

Comment

Working...
                              X