No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hunting buddy is down where I shot my buck and lost it. Says he sees buzzards. He's gonna go Check it out. Hoping for a recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by jimi2wrench View Post
      is there anything special you have to do to hunt on public land. i would appriciate any advice
      Go to the COE office behind Whitney dam and get a permit, map of corps land, and rules. The permit is free, but you must have one to hunt the land. It's a lot of work to scout and find a place to hunt. The rules are pretty restrictive, but it's free hunting. Good luck.

Comment

Good Luck TX Stalker!! Hope you at least find the remains!

Comment

A guy killed a 10 point buck out at Lake W this morning. It may or may not make the AR rule. It looked to me to be very close, but under.

Comment

Yea there could be some real trophies out there if any of them could make it past 3 yrs old…

HG

Comment

My best to all that make it out this evening and weekend. One of these days, I'm gonna get out .

Comment

I'm gonna go get blown around in a tree this evening. Hoping to bend a string back on something.

HG

Comment

bout to go set up camp should be fun in the wind

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                    I'm gonna go get blown around in a tree this evening. Hoping to bend a string back on something.

HG
                    Let's get something down for the contest!

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                      Yea there could be some real trophies out there if any of them could make it past 3 yrs old…

HG
                      He said it was not the one he thought it was and that there were two buck (one over 13 and one close) fighting and they were spinning around. He said he got confused with witch buck was the bigger one and just guessed. At least that's his story.

Comment

Wishful thinking I guess. It was a dead calf. As far as age for this buck I shot, I'd guess at least 5. He was an old grey deer. I hope he is alive so one of you guys might get the chance to see him.

Comment

Well there are not any cows were I hunt so I won't be seeing it. Maybe you will see him agin. Last year was my first time bow hunting and I could hit the x when standing on the ground but up in a tree it was another story. I had no clue you had to lean down. I just thought that you had to just put the pin on the deer and you would hit it. I missed this doe that came in 3 different days. I could tell it was the same doe because she had a limp. Well so I asked a guy what I was doing wrong and he told me to lean. Well the next morning I got that doe.

Comment

Guess I need to lean more. Or dodge the limb at least.

Comment

I'm back out in a tree for the evening. Let's see what happens.

Comment

I thought you got grounded TO! LOL. Deer seem to be movin early. Already seen 6 does but out of range.

HG

hey TO can we submit more than one entry for the contest? Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X