Direct TV rant!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct TV rant!!!

Dude! Ok so the wife called DTV for something completely unrelated, well you know the drill about, " Oh, I see you are eligible for an upgrade at no cost to you would you like to upgrade?" So the guy shows up this morning upgrades everything and is about to leave. 20 minutes later there is a knock on the door, it is DTV dude saying he could not close his WO because we have 2 HD boxes in the barn ( that are/were active ) and they are not compatible with the new system. Well he tried to back door it with no luck and told us we would have to set up a second house account. Here is where the BS begins. It is now 11.40am and I call DTV. I explain what is going on, the tech is chiming in with what is going on. We get to the point they say the 2 systems are not compatible. I tell them we know this I just need a second service, now starts the transfer from one department to another. That would be ok as long as it helped out, it didn't!!! All that happened was I had to give them all of my info time and time again only to be transferred again. I talked to customer service twice. No BS!! I was on the phone for 6 1/2 hours, most of that was hold time. Finally got a girl named Hailey on the phone and express my concern, she was well on the way to getting things right when she said she would put me on a 3 way call with a supervisor. I explained everything to him ( to bad I do not speak what ever he was ) but next thing I know I am transferred again. Old boy has a attitude when I tell him I have been on the phone for almost 6 hours, he starts trashing all of the others saying the are lazy and no good and that he will solve my problem and just how sorry most DTV people are, he even threw that attitude toward me for about 6 seconds before I had had enough and let him know I was not going to take it. Little did he or I know Hailey was still on the line, enter the Jerry Springing theme music and the fight was on. For some reason I find this really funny at this point and the only thing i could see in my mind is when the dwarf and midget were fighting over a huge woman, if you haven't seen it, it is worth the search. Well long story being kind of short, the two systems can't be charged on the same bill for what ever DTV reason is, so I have a tech coming next Tuesday to walk in my barn and say what is the problem? You have everything you need. And I will say I know, but DTV said you have to come out and hook it all up, he is going to look at me like I am crazy and say my WO says new service, I can't do anything ( which has happened before ) and at this point is when I will need bail money. All of this because of an upgrade. I will be on the phone with them again and this time I will demand a supervisor that speaks english. I mean how hard is it to activate two HD boxes that were working fine this morning at 11:30, that DTV deactivated to be able to close a WO. Stay tuned for updates.

No way I could stay on a call for 6 hours! Dropped DTV a while ago.

Comment

Oh please come on with the updates......wont be able to sleep tonight!

Comment

Same deal for my wife and I. I’m calling them this week and telling them to come get their crap. We are going to dish. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with aside from maybe Lowes.

Comment

I never heard stories like this before AT&T bought them out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            There ya go

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Oh please come on with the updates......wont be able to sleep tonight!
              You funny long time

Comment

AT&T/DirectTV SUCKS! Had nothing but problems with them and got tired of holding forever and getting lied to every time I called before I dropped them.

Comment

We dropped them. The tech that installed ours was contracted out and charged us 75 extra bucks for a dang install. We always had to call them to adjust the dish and they would always give us a service charge.
                  Told them to pound sand and we went back to suddenlink .

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                    This is what I was going to say. Had them for 10+ years now and as soon as AT&T bought them the customer service went out the window. I tried to switch to Xfinity but every time I would agree to a package price they would transfer me, next person would say the last person wasn't authorized to offer me the package. After three attempts I just threatened DirecTV and got some discounts again.

Comment

6 hours?! That’s either a lie, or there’s something wrong with you!

Comment

I have my service suspended for 6 months while I figure out if I want to go back. I agree about their customer service.

Quick suggestion: If your internet is pretty good I would suggest switching to Direct TV now in the barn. Much cheaper at only $35 per month.

Comment

Really need to look into live streaming and be done with the BS contracts.

Comment

Couldnt agree more about their service sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              Really need to look into live streaming and be done with the BS contracts.
                              This is what we did

Comment

Working...
                              X