Trophy Redfish Trip Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my beautiful wife wants to go fishing for our anniversary trip in September. I'd like to get on some trophy bull reds. What would be your recommendations on the best redfish fishing grounds? Texas coast? Louisiana? North Carolina?

1 vote for Port Mansfield.

Comment

For bull reds I would go to Louisiana. Venice area

Comment

Trophy reds are like trophy hogs. They’re not all that hard to find. Decide the location that’s convenient for you, or that you’d like to visit, and then call some guides until you find one that knows where they’re at in that area. We found a bunch last week out of Sabine pass.

Comment

Venice for trophy

Comment

September/October anywhere on the Texas coast near a pass to the gulf will hold tons of bull reds. Super easy to catch. You can come down to Sargent and I can put you on all the redfish you can handle. I'm not a guide, but they're easy to catch. No reason at all to go to Venice for redfish.

Comment

I caught my biggest in port Mansfield it was 48 inches. With that being said if I was going after size and a once in a lifetime trip I would be headed to Venice.

Comment

Texas. Surf side. Get out about a half mile to a mile past the jetties, chum sardines for about ten minutes then drop a full sardine on a circle hook. Every time I’ve done this with my friends we’ve caught multiple bull reds over 33” and a ton of black tips. Now is the time of year to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You drive I’ll take you- POC- This was kids girlfriends first saltwater fish. 48 inches. They ain’t hard to catch
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    September/October anywhere on the Texas coast near a pass to the gulf will hold tons of bull reds. Super easy to catch. You can come down to Sargent and I can put you on all the redfish you can handle. I'm not a guide, but they're easy to catch. No reason at all to go to Venice for redfish.
                    what he said

Comment

PM sent

Love the Outer Banks

TD

Comment

J-Bar Lodge Empire La.

Been going there for years. Captain Jeff is like family. I usually fish summer time, but the bull action in the fall is amazing from what he says.
                        Link: www.Neworleansfishingguides.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Take a good trip for your anniversary and then head down here. I can hook you up with cheap lodging.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Yep, easy pickings.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                              1 vote for Port Mansfield.
                              I approve of this message.

Comment

Working...
                              X