Game warden visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game warden visit

Game wardens pulled into camp this morning. Last time they came in was about 25 years ago. Visited for a little while and they were on their way, nice to have presence around. May keep a few more people honest.
    They did reaffirm it’s been an unusually slow opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a visit as well. First time 9 yrs hunting here. They pulled straight up to my setup.

Comment

Probably jinxe us but we've been here for 9 yes and never seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        I had a visit as well. First time 9 yrs hunting here. They pulled straight up to my setup.
        How far off the beaten track are you???

Comment

Saw ours last night at the Ranch meeting. Told him to swing by camp some afternoon to BS

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            That would be upsetting to me. You would think that they would either meet up with you at camp or the gate. I do my best to not disturb my hunting area any more than necessary. I sure as heck don't want a conference there.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
              How far off the beaten track are you???
              Not far really. He told me my gate was the only one open so figured he would come inside and check it out.

I shot a bobcat at 7:30. Wouldn't be surprised if a neighbor called. All he did was ask if I had any trespassing issues and talked hunting.

Comment

Had one show up this morning at our camp as well. Seemed like a nice guy. Checked our licenses and was on his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I try not to attract unwanted visitors. S I put a sign in the neighbors gate. No Trespassing by GWs

Comment

I'd rather have them disturb me every so often (even at my setup) and know that they're around (and know that the people around me know that they're around), than never see them.

Comment

I like having them around. This is our fourth year on this place and so far they’ve come by every opening day right about dinner time. We’ll see if it repeats tonight!

Comment

My Grandfather was a Game Warden. Every opening weekend he'd come check my license. Always keeping me honest... sure miss him.

Comment

Never had a problem with game wardens coming to our camp. I always enjoyed talking with them.

Comment

Camp is one thing. At my set up is a bit much. But they have the authority to so not much you can do.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Ours came by camp this afternoon, first time in years. Our place is hard to get to so I was surprised to see them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X