Tired of swine dumping feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of swine dumping feeders

I have braced the legs, driven rebar through the footing and they still manage to root all around and make a mess. Tired up climbing ladders to fill also. ain't getting any younger. Going to go the hanging feeder route and put up a feeder pen. Looking at the Moultrie 30 gallon. Want one that has everything included. What works for ya'll?

T-post driven in the ground and the feeder legs secured to them.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      thats about the easyist and cheap way

Comment

Cut some cattle panels and lay them down and put the feeder and legs on top of the panel and anchor the legs. Hard for them to dig around or in the panels.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          This is what we do and haven't had any issues

Comment

Pieces of panels around the legs work. Whole panels under the feeder keep that hole under the from developing. Deer still pick up the corn.

FWIW. Drive the t posts parallel to the legs and wire them securely.
            Safest way and out of the way.

Comment

Lots of golden marlin soaked with beer and day old bread.

Comment

10 panel feeder pen and a 600# AS stand and fill.

Comment

Feeder pen and stand and fill feeder should take care of this.

Comment

stand and fill like the All Seasons 600lb. One t-post to keep it in place. Never an issue. I also have crank up feeders, never a problem with those and no pen needed unless you want to keep pigs 100% away.

Comment

Get a hanging feeder from Ace Hardware located in a lot of Lowe's supermarkets.

Comment

We drive either rebar or pipe down at the same angle of the leg then tie off with romex. Haven't had one dumped since we started that.

Comment

This is by far the best way I have found to stake them down. I take a T-post and drive it in about 1 1/2ft and tie top and bottom. I usually have 10 to 30 hogs up to 350# at my hog stand feeder every evening for the last three years and have not had a single problem.
                          Attached Files

Comment

If I had a sheet full of money I'd get a WiseEye feeder.
                            Suggestions above look good though.

Comment

Stand and fill, T posts, cattle panel fence keep them out all together. Can do feeder to one side to throw corn outside if you still want them around or a directional feeder. Throw it away from feeder they have no reason to root it up

Comment

Working...
                              X