Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting. Prison time or Miller time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right or wrong is not my call BUT he will go to jail... Being in a hurry to kill a man is never a good thing.. He probably open carried too.. Don't start no s%#t and there won't be no s$@t..

Meanwhile the daycare worker that hung the toddler walks free..
    Last edited by PondPopper; 07-23-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
      Sitting in the space isn't the same as starting a verbal confrontation that ends in a shooting. But let's get technical then.

The transportation code has deffinations for

Parking - engine off all driver OUTSIDE the vehicle

Standing - engine running or off vehicle in park driver INSIDE

Stopping - engine running vechicle in gear not going anywhere

In that order so if a sign says no stopping its the most restrictive and applies to ones above it. If it says no parking it is the least restrictive and does not apply to standing or stopping.

She wasn't parked in a space she was standing in a space.

Law says you can't PARK in a handicapped space with out a permit so technically no laws broken.

There is a law against inciting a riot which is what happened when the yeller started yelling at the women he incited the boyfriend to violence.

It is not the job of civilians to enforce traffic laws in a parking lot. You can also commit verbal assault its a class C misdemeanor in Texas.

If the yeller had not decided to enter into an altercation with someone else the incident would not have happened making him the one who instigated the event. I believe that should negate the defense to prosecution as stated in .041 (2) of the Florida code. As I said I have made arguments in court to similar facts that where ruled in my favor.

kronik by Diamond
      I agree with this

The yeller/shooter should have minded his own business. he was looking for trouble from the beginning. If you go around poking your nose where it don't belong you will end up in situations like this. Now that being said if someone's life was in danger then by all means help out, but no ones life was in danger even the guy who got knocked to the ground and surely not the parking violator. I am by no means defending the actions of the dead/shover dude, but he did not deserve death. If the shooter had just drawn his weapon and called the cops they would be arresting the shover and charging him with assault instead we have dead guy, a fatherless child who will have to live with witnessing this whole thing and an idiot with a CHL that will likely lose everything he has. All because he wanted to be "a parking lot cop".

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        There is only one or two things that are clear in that video.

1. He wont be parking in handicapped ever again
        2. She will always think twice about doing the same
        Out of curiosity more than anything. You recieve a text from your wife girlfriend saying some guy is screaming at me you walk out and his hand is raised what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
          Out of curiosity more than anything. You recieve a text from your wife girlfriend saying some guy is screaming at me you walk out and his hand is raised what do you do?
          Pray for the poor son of a *****...because shes not going to stop at shoving him down...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Pray for the poor son of a *****...because shes not going to stop at shoving him down...
            Cheeeeeeeriiiiiiiii…...don't shoooooooooot him...…...

Then I would tackle his ***. LOL.
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-23-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

If he doesn't go to jail the city had better make sure that the fire trucks are fueled up and cancel all upcoming vacations their fireman may have scheduled..
              They are going to need all the help they can get...

Comment

He was totally justified to say something to the woman about parking in the handicap, but shouldn't have if he was armed. He should avoid confrontation all together. It was a bad situation all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by GrapeApe View Post
                  For those who are making the "he took a step back" angle...what if he was taking a step back to kick the guy in the face?

Not arguing right or wrong, but it's something to consider. If you're down on the ground, you don't have the opportunity to flee or escape.

He definitely looked like he was loading up for the Karate Kid crane kick....

Comment

OK, for the sake of argument... seems most of you are against the shooter.

How many people are coming at him when he pulls the gun out?
                    Didn't look like the second guy out the door was gonna come to the shooters aid, more like to help his buddy get their beat down on. (at the point he started walking toward the others the shooter was the victim)
                    The dead man doesn't start to back off until the man on ground pulls the gun out.
                    What did the dead guy say before he started to turn around?

There is a lot that was going through this guys mind I'm sure. Just got blindsided and tossed onto the ground by someone, Rolls around sees three people coming his direction. I've never been in this situation and can't say what I would've done.

Not saying that I agree 100% but I don't disagree 100% with his actions.

He looks a little elderly anyone know how old the shooter is?

Comment

How many of you would have done the same thing to the guy, pushed him down, if your wife or daughter were in that car, and you were in the store,and some lunatic started hollering and screaming at them in the parking lot FOR WHATEVER reason!!! I know what I would have done..
                      How many of you would have expected to get shot.. Remember you are unarmed.. In this where we are at now???
                      If anything the lady in the car was the one being threatened.. Would it be ok for her to shoot the guy screaming outside of her car??

For the record I hate healthy people parking in handicapped spots as bad as anyone but not bad enough to kill a man over it..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        How many of you would have done the same thing to the guy, pushed him down, if your wife or daughter were in that car, and you were in the store,and some lunatic started hollering and screaming at them in the parking lot FOR WHATEVER reason!!! I know what I would have done..
                        How many of you would have expected to get shot.. Remember you are unarmed.. In this where we are at now???
                        If anything the lady in the car was the one being threatened..

For the record I hate healthy people parking in handicapped spots as bad as anyone but not bad enough to kill a man over it..
                        I wouldnt have. I generally dont assault people over words, unless it is a serious threat. If I did push him down I realize there is a slight possibility I could be shot. I guess words dont bother me as much as some.

I would have certainly told him where to go and to back off. If he wants to escalate beyond that, its on him. Would I WANT to hurt him? Yes.

On edit: then I would have told her to get the heck out of the handicap spot!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          I wouldnt have. I generally dont assault people over words, unless it is a serious threat. If I did push him down I realize there is a slight possibility I could be shot. I guess words dont bother me as much as some.

I would have certainly told him where to go and to back off. If he wants to escalate beyond that, its on him. Would I WANT to hurt him? Yes.

On edit: then I would have told her to get the heck out of the handicap spot!
                          Good enough..

My point is there are plenty of reasons to shoot a man..
                          Being roughed up a bit because your were running your mouth and minding someone else's business is not a reason to pull a pistol and start shooting..

Comment

Good enough..

My point is there are plenty of reasons to shoot a man..
                            Being roughed up a bit because your were running your mouth and minding someone else's business is not a reason to pull a pistol and start shooting..
                            Agreed 100% All could have been avoided by him minding his own business. And the dead guy would still be alive if he hadnt escalated by assaulting him. ( not that it justifies it ) As is so often the case, mistake upon mistake adds up to something bad.

Comment

I don't have kids, but I have a wife.

If I was a passenger in a car and someone parked in a handicap spot with no plate/tag or obvious handicap I would give them he** about it.

If my wife was being verbally assaulted because she was being an idiot, I would not ad insult to the situation, and just immediately take it to a physical confrontation.

Both the shooter and the shover have little to no self control or respect for others.

Comment

If anything the lady in the car was the one being threatened.. Would it be ok for her to shoot the guy screaming outside of her car??
                                I usually agree with your posts.

But in this case, the lady is in a car. The guy is on foot. I would say the person in the car has the upper hand. Why not just drive away? I dont think she was afraid for her life.

The shooter being on his back, is the key to me. He really didnt have much of a choice, he had to stand his ground, once he got shoved to the ground. He could not escape.

Comment

Working...
                                X