No announcement yet.

pastrana, caesar jump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to ride a time or 2 w travis pastrana and cowboy Kenny up in Stillwater ok out at guy coopers place. We all rode minis. Those dudes can bang on some little bikes. Loads of fun, then I went to working tons and the fun hit an abrupt halt.

Comment

Wonder if Travis will jump the Snake River next year?

Looked easy enough, but I'm not going to try it

Comment

its jumping a 340lb machine with a ton of horsepower over a ramp.
        it looked easy ..its not.
        that being said..even thought the bike visually looks like the HD's evel rode.. the suspension and geometry is very different.. and yes it has 4 inches of travel ..on a mono-shock rear coil over that probably cost more than most make in a year.. and the front suspension is something that should be locked in a safe when not in use.
        not the stock dual spring side mount shocks that do literally nothing once the rider is on the bike...that evel had.

THAT being said.. no one else thought to do it... and Pastrana's body of work speaks for itself..make that money for that little girl.....
        this was a gimme to him...he knows it...

whats interesting is all the scientists and doctors involved in all these concussion protocol tests studies have to be looking at their research..looking at travis...looking at the research again... and going ..wth....

Comment

Travis did have an extra advantage. He had all three jumps set up at his training facility. I bet he jumped them a dozen times each there.

Comment

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by BoscoPico View Post
              How much would the wind play into the jumps like this, compared to shooting an arrow?
              A lot a cross wind would push you off the ramp, face on wind slow you down you come up short and wind in your back over shot your landing.

Comment

Systemnt, I agree with what your saying but I think the bike Travis was on was not stock and had more then 4" of travel just looking on the TV. But even if it had. 4" of todays technology is way better then 50 years ago.

A couple other things the pegs was dirt bike pegs and the swing arm appeared a little different from pictures along with a few other items of a stock Indian compared to the one Travis was riding. So I'm confident to say it was far from stock.

I think the big game changer was Travis practiced it in to foam pits and air bags many times Evil hell he just said hold / finish my beer this is not going to end well but sales the hell out of tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                  Systemnt, I agree with what your saying but I think the bike Travis was on was not stock and had more then 4" of travel just looking on the TV. But even if it had. 4" of todays technology is way better then 50 years ago.

A couple other things the pegs was dirt bike pegs and the swing arm appeared a little different from pictures along with a few other items of a stock Indian compared to the one Travis was riding. So I'm confident to say it was far from stock.

I think the big game changer was Travis practiced it in to foam pits and air bags many times Evil hell he just said hold / finish my beer this is not going to end well but sales the hell out of tickets.
                  I never said it was stock.. far from it... only thing stock on that bike was the indian decal...
                  (good chance it was custom as well) the 4 inches was how it was being described and sold for the show...

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post

While the bikes were similar, Travis certainly had better equipment.
                    That being said, the real game changer was the quality and length of the ramps.

Comment

It was a tribute to Evel, not "Hey! I'm better than him.". The thing that made it so exciting back in the 60's was nobody was jumping any kind of bikes. Motocrossers were keeping their tires on the dirt, not in the air. Nowadays, jumping is the norm. If Travis had used the bike that Robbie used to make this jump, Travis would have probably thrown a couple of back flips in.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        It was a tribute to Evel, not "Hey! I'm better than him.". The thing that made it so exciting back in the 60's was nobody was jumping any kind of bikes. Motocrossers were keeping their tires on the dirt, not in the air. Nowadays, jumping is the norm. If Travis had used the bike that Robbie used to make this jump, Travis would have probably thrown a couple of back flips in.

Yep on all accounts.
                        Wish they woulda kept the theatrics on how dangerous it was down to a realistic level.. but i get it ..it sold tickets, ad's, and got viewership...

Comment

If Evel jumped with the bike Travis had he would have made it too.

Comment

Was excellent !!
                            noticed Robbie was no where to be found!
                            Elon Musk should build him a rocket to do River!!

Comment

Originally posted by antlercollector View Post
                              if evel jumped with the bike travis had he would have made it too.
                              i doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                                i doubt it

Why?

I also wondered why Robbie wasn't there

Comment

Working...
                                X