No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish from HS on they would goto wood bats. Kids throwing harder and kids hitting are bigger and stronger. Just a safety aspect but it would be expensive for parents buying bats

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      Those are hotcakes as well - tried to win a few times.

Im getting one of the new Warstic's sooner rather than later, lol.
      Man the warstic logo and branding is slick, all the bats and gear look sweet. A couple boys we know have warstic wood bats but I've never seen one that wasn't wood in person.

I'd be interested to hear how you like it if you grab one.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        Man the warstic logo and branding is slick, all the bats and gear look sweet. A couple boys we know have warstic wood bats but I've never seen one that wasn't wood in person.

I'd be interested to hear how you like it if you grab one.
        That's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have yet to see one of these in action. We saw one of the 2 piece GUNNER type, but he struck out twice, so didnt get to see / hear an actual hit, lol.

There are videos online, looks like Banister's youngin uses one, but still never seen live. I am trying to see if I can go down to their new store to demo it out.

Comment

From USSSA banned effective immediately Dirty South Kamo model BB KA 8 and 2 3/4'' DeMarini 2018 CF Zen CBZ-18 32''-31'' only

Comment

I didnt read all the emails, but did they change their opinion or standards for these bats (ie..they were approved at one time -beginning of year...but now they've changed their mind....) or did the bat manufacturer change the makeup of the bat and now it exceeds the standards it was originally stamped and approved on?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              I didnt read all the emails, but did they change their opinion or standards for these bats (ie..they were approved at one time -beginning of year...but now they've changed their mind....) or did the bat manufacturer change the makeup of the bat and now it exceeds the standards it was originally stamped and approved on?
              This is the statement from USSSA:

April 12, 2018

As a result of a failed BPF test in the formal USSSA policing round of baseball bat testing performed in the past week at the USSSA approved Lab for BPF testing, effective immediately.

My understanding of the process is that manufacturers submit bats for initial testing and certiication. USSSA will certify the bats giving the manufacturers the go ahead to stamp the bat with 1.15BPF stamp. USSSA then has a process where they can request additional production bats at random to test (referred to above as policing round of testing) in order to insure that actual production bats meet the standard.

Comment

All it says is "as a result of a failed BPF test...." which is crazy, the bats in question have been out for a year now.

If anyone has time to waste there is a 400 post thread going on north texas baseball vs with world on Facebook, it's about some teams allegedly pulling out of a tournament this weekend because the bombers are in it.... no shortage of adult drama

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                  This is the statement from USSSA:

April 12, 2018

As a result of a failed BPF test in the formal USSSA policing round of baseball bat testing performed in the past week at the USSSA approved Lab for BPF testing, effective immediately.

My understanding of the process is that manufacturers submit bats for initial testing and certiication. USSSA will certify the bats giving the manufacturers the go ahead to stamp the bat with 1.15BPF stamp. USSSA then has a process where they can request additional production bats at random to test (referred to above as policing round of testing) in order to insure that actual production bats meet the standard.
                  Being a year after the bats were released wouldn't you think they would have been checked by now? Going back to the last round of banned demirini bats it doesn't appear that there is anything "wrong" with what they are doing or there would have been some sanctions/penalties against them, right?

I'm just glad we haven't bought one in the last couple years and gone through the voucher process.

Comment

All it says is "as a result of a failed BPF test...." which is crazy, the bats in question have been out for a year now.

If anyone has time to waste there is a 400 post thread going on north texas baseball vs with world on Facebook, it's about some teams allegedly pulling out of a tournament this weekend because the bombers are in it.... no shortage of adult drama
                    Haha - I love that thread.

It's amazing sometimes.

Comment

Being a year after the bats were released wouldn't you think they would have been checked by now? Going back to the last round of banned demirini bats it doesn't appear that there is anything "wrong" with what they are doing or there would have been some sanctions/penalties against them, right?

I'm just glad we haven't bought one in the last couple years and gone through the voucher process.
                      New bats typically drop in the late summer and early fall. Yes there is fall ball but they really don't get enough new bats into the market and in use until the Spring season is rolling to see trends and data that might suggest a bat is hot. There are also tons of bats to test so I assume they only do follow up testing on bats they suspect based on data and trends.

What I find interesting is that Demarini already released the 2019 Zen drop 10 and drop 8. That is 4 or 5 months earlier than normal for the new model year and within a week or two of this early model year release the previous year bats get flagged by USSSA. Seems Demarini is pushing the envelope and have determined banned bats and massive returns are good for business as everyone wants that extra pop.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                        New bats typically drop in the late summer and early fall. Yes there is fall ball but they really don't get enough new bats into the market and in use until the Spring season is rolling to see trends and data that might suggest a bat is hot. There are also tons of bats to test so I assume they only do follow up testing on bats they suspect based on data and trends.

What I find interesting is that Demarini already released the 2019 Zen drop 10 and drop 8. That is 4 or 5 months earlier than normal for the new model year and within a week or two of this early model year release the previous year bats get flagged by USSSA. Seems Demarini is pushing the envelope and have determined banned bats and massive returns are good for business as everyone wants that extra pop.
                        Agree. I've even heard that Easton is pushing utrip to check the demirini bats lol

Comment

Agree. I've even heard that Easton is pushing utrip to check the demirini bats lol
                          As much market share as DeMarini has taken from Easton that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

It's amazing sometimes.
                            It’s awesome! For 10u!!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I wish from HS on they would goto wood bats. Kids throwing harder and kids hitting are bigger and stronger. Just a safety aspect but it would be expensive for parents buying bats
                              The bats now are terrible anyways. Safety concerns were already addressed when they made the regulations years back

Comment

It's amazing sometimes.
                                I'm an idiot. I just realized who you were on FB... I just lurk on my wife's account....

Comment

Working...
                                X