No announcement yet.

Snakes are out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate those things. I was raised in the middle of some great copperhead country in north Harris county. Stepped over a couple, but never a bite.
    I was always watching for this nasty tempered critters.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
      Yep they are. Yesterday I turned the dogs loose and bayed some cows. One of the young females is hard to catch. She comes to my youngest better than me so I sent her to retrieve the dog. Long story short she went across the pasture barefoot and in shorts. As she was doing so she saw a copperhead. Being my kid she just hit it in the head with the end of the leash and it crawled off in the woods.....moral of the story if you are going to run around the woods barefoot you need to have good eyes.....

-john
      or at least a dog leash

Comment

There s a guy that will buy em live if u catch em. He uses em for snake avoidance tranning for dogs and is always looking to buy copperheads

Comment

This one was out Friday before the front came through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Jeez, 22 since August? That is crazy.

Comment

I have the fear. I would sell my house if I found 22 this year lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                Jeez, 22 since August? That is crazy.
                Definitely way too many. The land hasn't been touched in probably ten years so I'm hoping it will change shortly now that it is cleaned up

Comment

I caught this one with my shovel Saturday night. Biggest one I've had in a while. The more I clear, the fewer we see.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                    Traditional bow builders will use the skins on the limbs of the bows....
                    This right here, skin them but don't tan them ( glyserin) or any thing. Scrape all the meat and stuff off let them dry some what( quit a bit actually) and roll up. Sell um, if your going to use them for hat bands wallets stuff like that, tanning them is probably better. Wish I could get couple, but need to be about 20 inches long if I remember, to cover my limbs. Cane brakes , make nice limbs also.

Comment

You need some good ole mean outside cats. Feed them just enough to keep them around and they will do the rest.

Comment

We have cats outside and knock on wood, no snake problem.

Comment

yep, barn cats are fee to adopt at the williamson co. animal shelter. They are fixed and get a round of shots.
                          Just ask for the most tame barn cat and they'll hook you up. Our current one is actually a pretty good pet, but there was a minimal adjustment period.

Comment

Working...
                          X