Lease Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Sounds like a reasonable landowner and one that will think it through instead of blowing up and bringing out the pitchforks like some TBHers.. Glad y'all are on top of it and seems like at the very least the non offenders will be retained...
    Yep. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Comment

So no one in your group is the lease boss? Does everyone answer to the landowner? If it was my lease I would kick off the member who did this regardless if the LO was upset about it or not

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        So no one in your group is the lease boss? Does everyone answer to the landowner? If it was my lease I would kick off the member who did this regardless if the LO was upset about it or not
        Fully agree with this. The next offense could mean everyone is gone.

Comment

I agree but I’m not the lease boss.

Comment

AMF. Period. This is why "guest" hunting rarely works out.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
              I have 6, maybe 7...3 are on TBH, 2 run a high fence game ranch and know the importance of rules, 1 is a brother in law to a TBH member, and one other is a former lease partner. Shocked that I counted that many off the top of my head I've got some good friends
              Or a not so good hunting spot

Comment

there goes that cooler head prevailing, again

Comment

i think guests should be limited to a spouse or minor children.

Comment

Originally posted by yazoomon View Post
                    All the legal angles are irrelevant. If I am the ranch owner, I expect you guys to solve this problem immediately and hope it meets my expectations and then come tell me exactly what you know happened. I may see that you guys are responsible and handled the situation accordingly and continue our relationship. If I were to find out anything else happened other than exactly what ya'll told me, that would be the end for everyone. You guys owe it to the LO and each other to handle this pronto. It's the right thing to do period.
                    I agree with this. Some of the posts on this thread make me wonder why people lease out their land at all. Fact of the matter is that a screw up happened and it should be righted with the landowner. What the law says about restitution doesn't mean squat. I had to laugh at the guy who said he would be taking the meat with him. Take note all landowners out there to not lease to that clown.

I see the landowner said it wasn't a huge deal. If I was the lease boss I'd still send the member who let the guest hunt solo packing. What's gonna happen next time something like this happens and the guy says "well you didn't do anything to so and so when he let the guy shoot the elk". Show that guy the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                      Sorry for the delay. I don’t have any pics. I Was told it was a 2-3 year old bull. Not sure on size. LO was informed. He was disappointed but also said it wasn’t a huge deal. He was going to talk to other family members to discuss. Guy has not been kicked off yet but would not be surprised if he’s told not to come back. My opinion is he should already be kicked off but that’s not my decision. I’ll let y’all know if anything else comes up.
                      I would venture to guess that you are all as good as gone. Talking with family members isn't going to move the needle in your direction IMO.

If I were the land owner and there wasn't a LONG history between me and the group, I think I'd lean towards kicking you off as well.

To me this story highlights that there is something lacking. Either,

1. lack of understanding of what was meant by don't shoot;
                      2. lack of communication among the group; or
                      3. lack of control on guest that are brought by the group

None of those are good thing.

Comment

Not sure if it was mentioned, but how old was the guest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          Or a not so good hunting spot
                          😂 Now that's funny! Thanks for that

But in all seriousness, it wouldn't matter where I was hunting, if guests were allowed and I didn't have to sit with them, those are the ONLY fellas I would turn loose...and I have a ton of friends and family who hunt. I just don't trust 99% of them

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                            I agree with this. Some of the posts on this thread make me wonder why people lease out their land at all. Fact of the matter is that a screw up happened and it should be righted with the landowner. What the law says about restitution doesn't mean squat. I had to laugh at the guy who said he would be taking the meat with him. Take note all landowners out there to not lease to that clown.

I see the landowner said it wasn't a huge deal. If I was the lease boss I'd still send the member who let the guest hunt solo packing. What's gonna happen next time something like this happens and the guy says "well you didn't do anything to so and so when he let the guy shoot the elk". Show that guy the gate.
                            Well said

Comment

Pay the land owner
                              reload shot gun shells with rock salt
                              shoot both idiots in the rear end
                              kick them off the lease
                              pay the land owner

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Sounds like a reasonable landowner and one that will think it through instead of blowing up and bringing out the pitchforks like some TBHers.. Glad y'all are on top of it and seems like at the very least the non offenders will be retained...
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X