Feeder dimensions questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder dimensions questions

What is the formula to determine how much feed will fit in a certain size? Say I want to build a protein feeder 30 x 30 x 30, how much feed will it hold?

30 feet or 30in?

Comment

30inches wide, 30 inches tall, 30 inches deep, basically a cube.

Comment

400 to 450 protein approx.

Comment

How do you come up with that number Pyrobow? I have a feeder now that is 24 inches deep by 36" wide and 24" tall and it holds 480 lbs of feed.

Comment

Roughly 45 lbs of corn per cubic foot which I convert to cubic inches(1728). 30x30x30 is 27,000 cubic inches, divide that by 1,728 and you get 15.625 cubic feet. Multiply that by 45 and you can hold about 703 lbs of corn in that bin.

Comment

Thats what I'm looking for Ramball36, thank you sir!

Comment

Formula: take lots of feed, fill it up, note how many bags were used.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Formula: take lots of feed, fill it up, note how many bags were used.
                  Thats the method I used on the other feeder, lol! I'm planning on building a second one on my own. Want it to hold alot of feed.

Comment

700 lbs
                    Last edited by Joel1952; 02-09-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                      Roughly 45 lbs of corn per cubic foot which I convert to cubic inches(1728). 30x30x30 is 27,000 cubic inches, divide that by 1,728 and you get 15.625 cubic feet. Multiply that by 45 and you can hold about 703 lbs of corn in that bin.
                      google says a cubic foot of corn weighs 62.4 lbs. I know a 5-gal bucket holds 33 lbs per my scale.

Comment

That's per bushel IIRC

Comment

Working...
                        X