No announcement yet.

Greenworks 40V pole saw review.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need one for sure but I can’t get my hands on one! I’m one of those hold it before you buy it buyers, I may have to trust Smart and get the Greenworks!����

Comment

Good write up Smart, thanks for posting! I’m going to grab one of these for trimming around stands and feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
        I need one for sure but I can’t get my hands on one! I’m one of those hold it before you buy it buyers, I may have to trust Smart and get the Greenworks!����

Got to Lowe’s and handle the Kobalt.... it’s made by GreenWorks.

Hell even Harbor Freight has a version with great reviews.

Comment

Come to my place and try in on some real trees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            Come to my place and try in on some real trees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would eat anything you could put in front of it. [emoji23]. Including the palm trees you had flown in for decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Got to Lowe’s and handle the Kobalt.... it’s made by GreenWorks.

Hell even Harbor Freight has a version with great reviews.
              I live in Baytown and Lowe’s had the Kobalt fastened to the display, no way to hold it, Harbor Freight is 20+ miles away. I’ll keep looking on Amazon till I see a good price on the Greenworks.

Comment

Best thing he ever spent his money on except for........

104K views, 1.6K likes, 44 loves, 416 comments, 563 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Gerald Swindle / GMAN: Solid advice on electric poll saw and boobs

Comment

I bought a electric powered pole saw, chainsaw, and hedge trimmer from Harbor Freight. I paid around $140 for all 3, used 20% coupons. I just take my generator leave it in back of the truck with long extension chords. Wasn’t that bad and we cleaned up nicely, still got some work to do but it’s hot AF.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                    I bought a electric powered pole saw, chainsaw, and hedge trimmer from Harbor Freight. I paid around $140 for all 3, used 20% coupons. I just take my generator leave it in back of the truck with long extension chords. Wasn’t that bad and we cleaned up nicely, still got some work to do but it’s hot AF.

You are lucky because I know a couple of folks that tried to use theirs coupons and were denied because HF had the brand excluded in the small print at the bottom

Comment

Yea I noticed that before, they usually have different coupons through out the month. I bought the cheaper Pittsburgh brand.
                      Attached Files

Comment

For y’all needing the coupon, just screen shot it and edit it. They can scan it from your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                          Yea I noticed that before, they usually have different coupons through out the month. I bought the cheaper Pittsburgh brand.

Ahhhh....the Lynxx wouldn't allow it.

Comment

I have one. I highly recommend it. Battery will last long enough to cut more than I want to pick up in one sitting. Use it to trim trees in the yard, trim limbs in the pastures to keep off tractor cab, and cut shooting lanes, etc.

MUCH better than fooling with a heavier gas burner.

Comment

I have to get one of these. I have the attachment for my weedeater, but its dang near too heavy to use.

Comment

TTT for those getting ready for summer work weekends and a year later reveiw.

Bought a second 40V battery for the Greenworks and we spent almost 10 hours total a few weekends ago clearing roads on the lease. 6 out of 7 members with new(er) trucks so we decided it was time to do a 4-5 year clear on the roads cutting it way back.. My Greenworks stood toe to toe with a gas powered pole saw on my truck and we did some great work. The landscaping samurai was in full effect! Still got some to do but next trip the whole crew should take part. Anyway....for those on the fence this pole saw is one of the best deer lease tools I have bought in awhile. The regular length makes trimming roads, senderos and around box blinds easy....no bending over or sticking your body in the middle of the snakey tree with chainsaws, loppers, or sawzalls. Saves the back big time. The extension helps with the over-hanging oaks. No pull starting... grab and go.

Also this is not a brand specific review....I like the Greenworks since it is what I have and was recommended but it seems like all the 40V saws are solid.....based on folks I talk to that have different brands. Even the Harbor Freight pole saw gets good reviews from folks I know that own them.
                                Last edited by Smart; 06-25-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X