Stand and fill feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I’m freaking torn between the lamco and all season. AS is about 100 cheaper. Besides varmint cage/disc that’s really only difference.

Sierracharlie out…
    I had this same decision to make last year, after looking at them side by side I decided the extra 100 per feeder was worth it due to the heavier construction and the varmint disk on the Lamco. Very pleased and wished I would have done it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
      Only cons for me is I have to get down on my knees in the sand to adjust the timers... This typically involves grass burs!!!

Also, I have a feeder sitting next to a road and the dust covers up the solar panel to the point it doesn't effectively charge the battery.

Other than that, I like the convenience of the low height.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
      Another advantage of the Lamco, control box mounted on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        Yep.
        Cant do stand and fill on my place. One year I lost 3 timers that got flooded and those were winch up ones. Oh, about 6ft off the ground!!!
        Had same problem lost 3 2 were winchup ...and one stand and fill (on site land owner said would never flood)...all three had water up to half full level...NAVIDAD River

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
          I like my 600 lb All Seasons.
          Easy to fill for sure.
          A little corn is straight underneath, but overall works well.

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
          X2.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I have two all seasons and one game winner. All 600lb. Best way to go.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Do yalls All seasons have the diverter under the spinner and if so how does it work?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Lamco is the way to go. We bought 14 of the 600 lbers and they are great.

Comment

LAMCO > all seasons

Comment

TJ feeders are really well built. Very heavy duty. The Lowe’s grocery store in Blanco and Johnson City carry them at a great price. Make sure to ask for a discount. They’ll deal on the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  I have some of these excellent feeders. I would go with this one or the Lamco.
                  Our last purchase was one of these and or next will be one as well. We have 12 feeders total and I wish all were as nice as the ranch king

Comment

Always check for snakes bees and wasps if u get the ones with the angled metal underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                      My next one will be the Ranch King Mighty Buck. Some feeders you have to get on your knees to adjust the timer. Everything is in the lid on this one.

I'm currently using a stand and fill made by TJ Outdoors. I like that design with the exception of the feed unit. Coons will tear that one up in short order. My next will be a Lamco Low and Throw.
                      Last edited by SabreKiller; 01-20-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

My friend that owns the ranch I hunt on went to stand and fill last year. He bought Outback directional feeders, and they are the shiz! Expensive but top of the line!

Coonproof and solar powered.

I have heard great thinks about Krivoman feeders also.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          I like that design with the exception of the feed unit. Coons will tear that one up in short order. .

Which one are you talking about?

Comment

This may not be a true stand and full because it’s so big. It’s a 2000 lb all seasons and it’s been awesome! I got pretty upset when we got to the lease and our crank up feeders had gone empty. I’m trying to go all 1000-2000 pounders now.

I have a 1000 pound Krivoman and it’s been awesome! Just hard for me to make it there to pick up the goods.

We also started running two of the HB’s this year and they are built like tanks. The deer seemed a little Leary if them at our lease and corn piled right up next to them.

I have one of the the ranch king stand and fills. It doesn’t seem like it should be durable but zero problems in a little over a year. If it holds up it will be the easiest to use and most user friendly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              Do yalls All seasons have the diverter under the spinner and if so how does it work?

Sierracharlie out…
                              Mine doesn't have the diverter. I do get some corn directly under my feeder. It hasn't been an issue as of yet (year number 4 using it). Deer and pigs are able to get to the corn.

However I do gotta say I am interested in the Lamco feeder. My dad is in the market for a new feeder and this might be the route he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                Which one are you talking about?
                                The Ranch King looks like the coins would tear up the feed unit. I do loke the controls inside the lid though.

Comment

Working...
                                X