• Show
Clear All

Where he find a $500 lease?

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      Lobster? What costs more than lobster? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Meth... Just ask a meth-head

I do it to keep me sane from the day to day stupidity I deal with. And I have a huge passion for it. And I like deer meat. And and and....

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
        Count me as one of the jealous ones.
        Fo sho!

Comment

Reading about all you folks who hunt on family land and friend invites makes me think I need better friends.....and a better family.

Comment

Hate me for saying this, but...

With my family of 6, I just figured that if I can use the venison I shoot for 1 supper a week, instead of eating out, it would save me 50$ a week. That in itself will save me 2500$ in eating out and pay for a lease.

It’s not why I do it, though. The smile on my boys’ faces is why I do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              I’m the opposite. I don’t lose my mind over antlers like some do. I’m killing for the meat and the enjoyment of the hunt. Nice antlers are just a bonus.

And I sure don’t pretend it cost any less than the meat I could go buy at the store.

BINGO .....

It doesn't take a genius to realize when we go hunting or fishing , its not the game that we are actually after , that's just a bonus. I could sit in a tree just to watch the woods wake up in the morning.
              Its more or less a time to recharge , reflect, and focus on the things that matter most in your life be it family , friends , the God of your choice or all of the above.
              In a lot a ways the hunting situation in Texas does **** me off cause its getting worse with all the high fences and outrageous lease prices due in part to trophy type hunting. But, there are always people that will pay to play and if that's how they want to recharge and spend their time more power to them, its just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I’ve always heard it gets longer as you age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Wrong.

And don't believe that Big Feet Big....... either.

Comment

I take every legal doe that I can, so does my son and father. The first 4 are ground and we usually average close to 140lbs of ground in 1.5lb bags. 2 doe are committed to roasts, steaks, 2 doe are committed Boudan . Trapping hogs fills in the gaps as far as meat but that is pretty much the meat we use throughout the year . We don't have leases to hunt but we are blessed with lots of land to hunt from ranchers that we do predator control for..

So yes there are people that hunt extremely cheap and do it for our families subsistence, we process 100 percent of everything ..

Comment

I'm sitting in my deer blind right now. It’s a beautiful morning, cold and there’s a light fog around. The woods are coming to life and I’m totally amped up on the anticipation (and maybe a little Mt. Dew).

So what does deer mear cost? I don’t give a ****. You can’t put a price tag on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I'm sitting in my deer blind right now. It’s a beautiful morning, cold and there’s a light fog around. The woods are coming to life and I’m totally amped up on the anticipation (and maybe a little Mt. Dew).

So what does deer mear cost? I don’t give a ****. You can’t put a price tag on this.

Drops the [emoji441]

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                        Lobster? What costs more than lobster? Lol

Javelina, I figure it costs me 2000.00 total to go down there each year and kill two. ( once in a while only get one) Never weighed the meat but maybe 10-15 lbs. each one. Oh yea just edited. Add 1200.00 to that I don't get paid vacation. So 3200.00, **** expensive sausage.
                        Last edited by critter69; 01-20-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Javelina, I figure it costs me 2000.00 total to go down there each year and kill two. ( once in a while only get one) Never weighed the meat but maybe 10-15 lbs. each one. Oh yea just edited. Add 1200.00 to that I don't get paid vacation. So 3200.00, **** expensive sausage.

[emoji15] for a Javelina?

Comment

I'm glad people are getting in the woods regardless of the justification. It seems like fewer and fewer do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                              Keep hearing gotta provide for my family as a reason to hunt. The price some of you are paying for hunting, it just doesn't add up for as a plausible reason....
                              Am I missing something?

Nope..........not missing a thing at all! Hunting is a recreational sport and has been for the 42 years I have been hunting. The successful hunt is the bonus as the pure natural grown protein is hard to beat!
                              When folks say they hunt to feed their family it is easily exposed by anti hunting groups. I know, I know........nobody cares what the ANTI's say.....lol!!! (To bad the huge population in the middle are listening to them.)

Comment

Hate me for saying this, but...

There actually seems to be a growing number of first-generation hunters who enter into hunting for the specific purpose of providing natural, wholesome food. I guess this group seems to be labeled as the hipster/foodie group but if it fits I don't see it as insulting.

They're not paying thousands of dollars for trophy leases and day hunts, so it's practical to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X