No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For archery, your stand circle is 200 meters in diameter. For gun, your stand circle is 50 meters in diameter. I'm sure like the past few years there will be a disclaimer posted on the JBSA Isportsman main page about being within the limits of your circle.

Also, remember the limits you need to be from the roadway and buildings.

Below is from the REGs:
    5.12.2 WHITE-TAILED DEER ARCHERY HUNTING
    There are 141 individual archery areas designated on JBSA-BUL for WTD hunting. Within these areas only, individuals are permitted to place up to 2 temporary stands and one feeder to facilitate WTD hunting. Hunters must ensure appropriate safety buffer is maintained at all times, a minimum distance of 200 meters must be maintained between all individual hunting locations and a minimum buffer of 100 meters will be maintained from the hunter’s location to any maintained roadway, building, or the installation boundary. Walk hunting is permitted during WTD archery season, but MUST stay within their assigned archery circle, and outside of the 100 meters buffer given to roads, fences and established area boundaries, and outside 200 meters of any other individual. Hunters who choose circles that contain feeding restricted areas will be required to place their stands, feeders and/or attractants outside of the shaded area (maps of individual areas may be printed from the iSportsman website). Prior to placing any equipment, feed, or attractant in the field, within these circles stand and feeder placement must be coordinated and approved by the NR Cave Management Team, phone 210-295-7817 or 7576, to ensure endangered species restrictions are not violated.
    5.12.3 WHITE-TAILED DEER FIREARM HUNTING
    There are 77 individually designated firearm stand locations on JBSA-BUL for WTD hunting. At these locations, individuals are permitted to use the existing stand at their own risk (gun stands are no longer maintained) or to place one stand no more than 50 meters from the designated rifle stand they are assigned and must stay oriented away from any roadway, building and/or boundary to facilitate WTD hunting. Firearm stand locations may also place one temporary feeder. Walk hunting is NOT permitted for firearm hunters. When hunters are out of the stand their firearms are to be unloaded immediately.
    Last edited by MilMan; 08-30-2016, 07:23 AM. Reason: Added regs

Comment

Good Luck for those of you awaiting the 1200 draw today.

Comment

MilMan, If you're getting the 200 meter diameter from the quoted REG, that's not what it says. It says "a minimum distance of 200 meters must be maintained between individual hunting locations".

Year before last I was given a google image showing the diameter of my area. I'm fairly confident it was greater than 200 meters. If I remember correctly it was 300 meters.

So, are you sure about the individual hunting area diameter? Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
          MilMan, If you're getting the 200 meter diameter from the quoted REG, that's not what it says. It says "a minimum distance of 200 meters must be maintained between individual hunting locations".

Year before last I was given a google image showing the diameter of my area. I'm fairly confident it was greater than 200 meters. If I remember correctly it was 300 meters.

So, are you sure about the individual hunting area diameter? Thanks for the quick response.
          LOL, I wouldn't quote me on anything. But, one of the guys from my work had to move as he was directed that he was outside of his 200 meter archery circle. The stand I had last year had a hard archery stand in it and I wanted to move a away from that site, so I called and they said "as long as you are not over 200 meters away from your stand point you are good for archery".

The stand sites seem small, but if you lay it out with a 200 meter circle around the stand coordinate you have a decent area to accommodate your stand set-up (unless your on stand 7-7 which sucks since its a spur with roads on both sides). We did some scouting this year before the lottery and the stands we looked at were decent for spots to set-up in that buffer.

But, when in doubt give them a call.

Comment

If anyone is interested, here's a GPS to UTM converter that'll work for google.

328***X number goes in first and the zone is 14R

Online tool to convert UTM to geographic coordinates and vice versa, or to transform the datum between WGS84/NAD83 and NAD27

Be sure and select NAD27 or it'll be about 40 meters off.
            Last edited by boweye; 08-30-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Strike two lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here

Comment

Originally posted by USMC8151 View Post
                  Strike two lol.

Dang! Man, that sucks.

Comment

Well last year I got picked 3rd or 4th draw and wife didn't. This year my wife got picked up so not all is lost. And who knows maybe round 3 or 4 will squeak me in again

Comment

Yeah, true. I was surprised to see they still had 57 unclaimed stands! I'll bet most of those are Archery too.

Comment

Most likely

Comment

Originally posted by MilMan View Post
                          LOL, I wouldn't quote me on anything. But, one of the guys from my work had to move as he was directed that he was outside of his 200 meter archery circle. The stand I had last year had a hard archery stand in it and I wanted to move a away from that site, so I called and they said "as long as you are not over 200 meters away from your stand point you are good for archery".

The stand sites seem small, but if you lay it out with a 200 meter circle around the stand coordinate you have a decent area to accommodate your stand set-up (unless your on stand 7-7 which sucks since its a spur with roads on both sides). We did some scouting this year before the lottery and the stands we looked at were decent for spots to set-up in that buffer.

But, when in doubt give them a call.
                          The language in the hunting guide in years past spoke to the circles having a 300 meter diameter, 150 meter radius from center. I can't find that referenced in this year's guide. I'd call NRO.
                          Separate question:
                          My buddy injured himself and won't be selecting a stand this year, but he was drawn. Does he need to turn it in or decline it?

Comment

Originally posted by msims6288 View Post
                            The language in the hunting guide in years past spoke to the circles having a 300 meter diameter, 150 meter radius from center. I can't find that referenced in this year's guide. I'd call NRO.
                            Separate question:
                            My buddy injured himself and won't be selecting a stand this year, but he was drawn. Does he need to turn it in or decline it?
                            Pretty sure the regs state that any unwanted stands are supposed to go to me.

Comment

If he was selected and does not want to draw a stand then he just doesn't draw is all. We had a guy from work last year who got in the lottery, was drawn first round and opted not to buy a permit. Turned around again and was drawn in later drawings but just opted not to buy a permit. I think that is why this year they stated they would select more winners than stands on the drawings after the first draw.

Comment

I got drawn today. Went with 5b14. Anyone ever been in that area??

Comment

Working...
                                X