Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosque county

Anyone having any luck this year?

There's been some posts about some good deer that were passed on. I've seen some smaller stuff.

Any history based guess as to when the rut will turn on?

Comment

Usually around thanksgiving or a little earlier for us. Scrapes are up and running already too. We've had small bucks and does. Big boys just started hanging around this last week. Pigs are always around

Comment

Dad shot a freak horn second weekend and my oldest got his first deer with a bow opening day afternoon. Seeing alot of deer also.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping our numbers come back quick. Drought and neighbor that was finally bought out thought it was a contest to see how many deer they could kill in a season

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueCountybow View Post
              Hoping our numbers come back quick. Drought and neighbor that was finally bought out thought it was a contest to see how many deer they could kill in a season
              We must hunt next to the same people. Our neighbors shoot everything that crosses there path.

Comment

My river grounds have been pretty consistent so for. Early acorn crop along the river slowed deer patterns down a little, but hogs helped clean them up and by 2nd week of season deer where back on plots and feed. Sunday morning's 8/10" of rain was a blessing for our plots.

Still getting trail cam photos of a few our better mature deer after I killed. Ashton should have a great first two weeks of fire arm season.

Totals so for off our river grounds is 1 mature broke 9, 1 doe, 2 hogs and a turkey. Will not be stand hunting those grounds again until Ashton and or Breck kills one more of our target bucks; except for checking and empting hog traps.

Best of luck to all, hope each kill a giant.

Rwc

Comment

I used to hunt on the Brazos. Seemed to always have good activity.

Comment

I have only made one quick morning hunt so far. The deer pictures an mainly late evenings, but I haven't made it back up there to check cameras in a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                      We must hunt next to the same people. Our neighbors shoot everything that crosses there path.

Luckily they aren't here anymore. Have a great neighbor now. Tough to watch a deer walk off and hear a shot

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueCountybow View Post
                        Luckily they aren't here anymore. Have a great neighbor now. Tough to watch a deer walk off and hear a shot
                        I understand that. Let a up and comer walk and hear the shot and never see him again. Maybe we will get good neighbors one day

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                          I understand that. Let a up and comer walk and hear the shot and never see him again. Maybe we will get good neighbors one day

Having good neighbors makes all the difference in the world. Hope yours works out.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                            Having good neighbors makes all the difference in the world. Hope yours works out.

Rwc
                            Agree!!!! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post

Rwc
                              Isn't that the truth. Good luck everyone! Will be out there this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X