Deep Thoughts while Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Thoughts while Running

It was about to rain yesterday morning but wanted to get in 3 miles of slow and steady running. Got my pup leashed up, shoes on, #2 earlier..check, Heartrate monitor on, garmin watch, Lets go...

I'm in the woodlands running on the paths, about a half mile in i start seeing earthworms on the sidewalk. Some are almost dried up and some are still flopping and flipping around trying to cross the road I guess?? So my thought were, first, if i was a mockingbird I'd be one fat happy fella in the spring time! Then i started to wonder if earthworms to a mockingbird taste like jalapeƱo cheesy sausage links do to us. That would be awesome if did and do the mockingbirds wait till the sun bakes em to about a medium rare before they swoop in?

Just being silly with this but i really do get into some awesome thinking strands while running or riding my bike. All kinds of cool stuff gets thought about when i swim laps. I'm against the crowd on this one, but I never listen to music when i run. I'd rather have my own thoughts and observations out in nature instead of Eminem yelling in my head or Taylor Swift for some of you guys..lol jk jk!

For real, i do think that repetitive exercise is also some great time to think about what you have going on or what you need to do all while sweating it out.

What kinds of stuff do you all think about while running, riding, driving or waiting?

Oh crap I'm being chased.

That is about the only time I run intentionally

Comment

When I ran a lot (50+ miles/week) a few years back, I thought about not getting run over by a car.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        When I ran a lot (50+ miles/week) a few years back, I thought about not getting run over by a car.
        That's a lot of weekly mileage there! We're you running marathons / ironman or military or something?

Comment

I bet birds prefer nice and juicy. Easier to urp up for the little ones that way.

Comment

The only thing I can think about while running is how bad every joint in my body hurts every time a foot hits the pavement.

Comment

Dang, I thought this was going to be a Jack Handy thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                That's a lot of weekly mileage there! We're you running marathons / ironman or military or something?
                I had completed one marathon that year (2013) and was training for another. I pushed my mileage up to high and ended up with an injury. I gained a lot of weight and now walking a few miles a week is as good as I get.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                  I had completed one marathon that year (2013) and was training for another. I pushed my mileage up to high and ended up with an injury. I gained a lot of weight and now walking a few miles a week is as good as I get.
                  I feel ya there.. I've dealt with achilles tendonitis for a few years now after some high mileage running

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
                    I bet birds prefer nice and juicy. Easier to urp up for the little ones that way.
                    very true.. didn't think about the little ones!

Comment

I have to listen to music. If not then I hallucinate and see worms. It's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                        I have to listen to music. If not then I hallucinate and see worms. It's weird.
                        That's exactly why I don't run,swim, ride a bike....or think. Not really. I just don't like doing stuff like that.

Comment

I like to listen to the Nock On podcast while I run. John Dudley has some really good advice and listening to the tuning tips and tricks makes the run go by a lot faster

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            I feel ya there.. I've dealt with achilles tendonitis for a few years now after some high mileage running
                            This was a pretty bad knee problem. It was months before I could run any again. This happened at the end of September 2013 and I went through hunting season with a knee brace on. Probably extended the recovery time, but I was going to miss hunting the "H" and a mule deer hunt (archery) at Matador.

Comment

[ATTACH]848341[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X