UTV rear cab cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV rear cab cover

I know a lot of you use utvs on your lease, hunts. I have an issue w the dirt and dust getting sucked in from the back. I have a front windshield and roof and it has half doors on it. I have seen some with a clear cover on the back and was curious if it worked good? Thanks

I had to remove my windshield due to the dust. Would get my asthma all stirred up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      I had to remove my windshield due to the dust. Would get my asthma all stirred up.
      this

Comment

Unless you have a full cab enclosure you will have issues w/ dust. The back windshield will help a little but won't stop it completely. The windshield creates the wind inside if you don't have doors so the dust comes in the sides quite a bit. If you can crack or open the windshield that would work best...but defeats the purpose on those bitter cold mornings. My take is that the dust is just a part of riding a UTV. I got to where I would wear goggles if my eyes/contacts were getting too gummed up.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgBowHntr View Post
          Unless you have a full cab enclosure you will have issues w/ dust. The back windshield will help a little but won't stop it completely. The windshield creates the wind inside if you don't have doors so the dust comes in the sides quite a bit. If you can crack or open the windshield that would work best...but defeats the purpose on those bitter cold mornings. My take is that the dust is just a part of riding a UTV. I got to where I would wear goggles if my eyes/contacts were getting too gummed up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	facemask.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	24514395

My solution to the cold morning rides

Comment

I can open the bottom 1/4 of windshield, so I don't really get a lot of dust coming in while moving at moderate speed. Its when going slow, and at stop it just envelops the cab. It seems to be coming in more from the back than the sides because the bed will be solid red. I have some concerns that with a back cover, I will get a lot of flapping from it.

Comment

You could try and strap down a cheap tarp to determine how much dust comes in before spending money on something that may not work. Just an idea

Comment

I have the 2 piece windshield on the front of my Pioneer. I open the lower section a bit. I have the soft back windshield cover. Wit it down (covering the back) and the front one open slightly, I can ride without a dust problem. The Pioneer has half doors. This has worked well for me. Now my top covers the back/bed portion of the Honda, but if you don't have a covered bed, the double windscreens should still work similarly...

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  [ATTACH]877099[/ATTACH]

My solution to the cold morning rides
                  Dang...where do you find one of those?! I bet you look like a storm trooper going to the stand!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgBowHntr View Post
                    Dang...where do you find one of those?! I bet you look like a storm trooper going to the stand!
                    Google Save Phace. I used it going across the lake while fishing and I thought man this can be used hunting as well.

You can find them cheaper.

Comment

I have a clear plastic vinyl set from cabelas. It attaches with velcro. Even when I had a full plastic front it helped. The issue you speak of is why I removed it. It doesnt get cold enough where Im at to justify dealing with the dust. Cold and raining I can add both front and back in 5 mins then take off later.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Think I can see how it goes w something cheap then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          I have the 2 piece windshield on the front of my Pioneer. I open the lower section a bit. I have the soft back windshield cover. Wit it down (covering the back) and the front one open slightly, I can ride without a dust problem. The Pioneer has half doors. This has worked well for me. Now my top covers the back/bed portion of the Honda, but if you don't have a covered bed, the double windscreens should still work similarly...
                          Got any pics of your pioneer? We are wanting a UTV and this is one of our options. just curious as to what yours looks like.

Comment

Working...
                          X