No announcement yet.

San Angelo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went through the Fire Academy there in 1995. I am been back off and on. Seems like a laid back city and thought about moving back if I could.

Comment

I manage a datacenter network up there and get to visit a few times a year. I don't care for the 3 hour drive from Austin, but once there it is a decent size town.

As for hunting and fishing, one of my Engineers does pretty good. I lost count how many deer he took last year, and as for fishing, there several in the area. One of which is OH Ivie.

ASU is up there, so if you plan to visit, you may want to watch the start and end of a semester. The hotels get full quick.

Get up there and check it out. You may find you like it.

If there is a down side, you are 3 hours from Austin or Dallas, so if a big city does it for you, it will be a trip.

Comment

Hunt near San Angelo and go into town every night. TON of fun stuff to do in town! Let me know when you get here and we will have to have a get together!

Comment

Well it is set in stone , i'll be moving to San Angelo . I leave thursday , and the wife will be moving up on the first of the month. Does anyone have any tricks or intel on finding a house to rent ? we will be staying with some friends hopefully no longer than till the first part of Oct. If anyone knows of anything reasonable let me know , need 3 bedrooms and pet friendly . Thanks in advance

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by rdnkfireman2001 View Post
            Well it is set in stone , i'll be moving to San Angelo . I leave thursday , and the wife will be moving up on the first of the month. Does anyone have any tricks or intel on finding a house to rent ? we will be staying with some friends hopefully no longer than till the first part of Oct. If anyone knows of anything reasonable let me know , need 3 bedrooms and pet friendly . Thanks in advance

Justin
            Have you checked craigslist?

Comment

You'll like it here.

Comment

Born there, grew up there. Love going back to see the everyone. Great place where people still say hello when you walk by. My wife grew up in San Antonio, first time I took her to San Angelo when we were dating, we went to the mall. A guy holds the door for us as we walk in, we exchange good mornings and have a good one's. She asked, "Who was that?" I said "I don't know, that's just how we do things out here."

Comment

I'm particularly fond of San Angelo; my bride grew-up there and if she's any indication of the quality of life there....go for it! Great people!

Comment

www.zillow.com for house info. I once lived there, wife is from there. my parents live there and i hunt 30 miles down the road in Mertzon. Angelo is a great town.

Comment

I'll be passing through mertzon on the way to work . I'll be working on the rocker B ranch

Comment

You will probably see some brutes while working! Rocker B is known to have big deer since a lot of it is not hunted and if it is usually is well managed.

Comment

Fishy I have and it seems as though rental houses don't last very long in San Angelo . I have a friend who lives there his wife found one that looked like it would work and spoke to a gentleman working on the house and he said he was the owners boyfriend gave her the number to the owner and said it would be available in a couple weeks . She called the owner that evening and when the owner called her back two days later she said it was already rented lol

Comment

I hope so post . The supervisor I'll be working for ( a good friend of mine ) says they have a really good relationship with the ranch manager and is hoping to see if they will allow us a hunt or two this season .

Comment

Ive lived in San Angelo for 15yrs now. Could have left but have made MANY great friends here and my wonderful wife. Cost of living is very affordable, the amenities just keep coming in year after year. We even have a legit entertainment district downtown for folks that like the nighlife (not for me) and there is really great hunting just about any direction near town. The people are very friendly and youll still have folks wave as they pass on country roads and look ya in the eye when they shake your hand. IMHO it doesnt get much better and there is TONS of stuff to do around here if ya git off yer tail and look or start makin friends,lol.

Comment

Eddie Howard, aka Judge, lives there and he has nothing but good to say about it. Plus him just being there makes the town a better place

Comment

Working...
                                X