No announcement yet.

Brushy Hills Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too early now but probably come late November or early December we could prob start setting it up. Alot of people would commit now and back out when we get a little closer. Lets see how the season progresses and start planning. It would be a good time for sure.

Comment

Im in, just say when

Comment

I would like to be in if possible. Was planning on going in early December.

Comment

Any Updates on Brushy Hill ?

Going for my first time there Dec. 6. Anybody know what the deer
          crop is looking like?

Comment

Well I guess I'll never use " rate the day lease" if I'm researching a place to hunt. What happened to the negative experience that was on here earlier? Deleted? I understand nick is an associate sponsor but the guy got on here and wanted a truthful review of brushy hill archery, whether nick is a sponsor shouldn't have any affect on that one way or the other. It kind of compromises the integrity of this forum. IMO.

And for the record I have hunted brushy hill twice and met nick. It's a great place to hunt and is extremely challenging. And I don't believe the negative comments were accurate but it was his experience. The OP will figure out there's always one in the bunch.

Comment

Horitexan,

"but if I know you're a fellow GS member I'll do everything I can! Plus, it's nice to be able to meet other members and put a face with a screen name"

I'm booked for the 22nd through the 27th! Will be nice to meet face to face.I have a semi-guided set up. How's the scouting outllook for that time frame with the cool fronts that have been coming through?
              Last edited by kenefickid; 11-08-2013, 06:56 AM. Reason: make changes

Comment

Late to the thread, but wanted to give my opinion of the place.

I hunted it with a group last year right before Christmas, anew as skeptical going in. I have seen many comments on here regarding how hard the hunting is and skittish the deer are, and that may be true when compared to many of the low pressure high-dollar ranches. I found the hunting to be challenging, but not nearly as challenging as hunting East Texas or the Southeast region of the country where I grew up. We saw several shooters, and my wife killed her first deer, a nice 10. We saw a solid 150" buck at about 150 yards pushing a doe, but couldn't close the distance. I would definitely get Nick to set up a blind for you if you are there for a short hunt. We had bucks around us the first evening.

Pete, Ava, and Nick are great people, and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I will be out there again this year hunting solo December 8th - 12th, and then we'll have a group of 7 out there hunting the week before Christmas again.

Comment

We use to hunt the week before Christmas every year but finally decided to try some different hunts and let the week go. I really am looking forward to getting back out there this yr but prob won't be till last week of December or early jan.

Comment

Anybody ever go there to stick some hogs? How are they down there?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter0 View Post
                      Anybody ever go there to stick some hogs? How are they down there?

Yes there is a bunch of pigs and some bruisers but smart as heck a night hunt is your best bet and keep in mind it's a day lease so they've had every trick in the book thrown at em so don't expect it to be an easy hunt you really gotta hunt

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                        Yes there is a bunch of pigs and some bruisers but smart as heck a night hunt is your best bet and keep in mind it's a day lease so they've had every trick in the book thrown at em so don't expect it to be an easy hunt you really gotta hunt
                        Any suggestions on how to score down there? I'm kind of a self taught hunter and I have some skill but not an expert by any means. I can track find trails all that good stuff but I've never been out there either. Should I set up over a feeder or on a corned road or try to find a trail or just stick with stalking at night? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also aren't there different fields to hunt out there? Which would you recommend? Thanks again

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter0 View Post
                            Any suggestions on how to score down there? I'm kind of a self taught hunter and I have some skill but not an expert by any means. I can track find trails all that good stuff but I've never been out there either. Should I set up over a feeder or on a corned road or try to find a trail or just stick with stalking at night? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also aren't there different fields to hunt out there? Which would you recommend? Thanks again
                            Better off calling the main ranch number as Nick is super busy right now with the Drury's filming shows for the ranch, he's real hard to get ahold of unless you text him and tell him your going to hunt somewhere else then hell tell you "perfect"

Comment

Working...
                            X