back from the Double "L"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back from the Double "L"

how can i Rate this........two thumbs up and three if i had another thumb!

We arrived at the ranch at around 2:30 on monday after a good flight down.when we got to houston it was 52 and overcast. i called "pop"lassman up and told him we were here and he told us to make ourselves at home he was out trying to ship a processed zebra back to north carolina.the ranch bunkhouse is not fancy but it sleeps like a dream and has everything you need to cook and just lounge around!pop was one of the kindest fellas i have ever met and went out of his way for myself and my friend and our kids. they never hunted a day with us, they decided they would play there at the cabin, and they had a ball.ok, enough of that, you want to know about hogs....well let me tell you they have got em!the first evening, i was on my tripod about an hour and a group of 6 came in. at 18 yards i nailed a sow ,she was about 65 lbs.the next day the wind was terrible and i did not see anyhogs, but i did see some massive axis and blackbucks.the last morning was the gravy! pop dropped me off where he had been seeing a large spotted hog behind the lodge in a mesquite grove/ he had not been gone 5 minutes when i heard corn crunching on the the road . all i saw was hogs everywhere!!i had one shooting lane about 5 yards wide and when the first came through a large sow, i shot , but she was walking and the arrow hit a little far back.the hogs scattered, but within a few minutes in came more, i pulled to full draw and shot about a 90 lb boar right in the pump station.i continued to set there and watch so many exotics i could not even count. the hogs have a superior nose and were by far the most skittish animals there outside of the axis. if you want a good place to accomadate you and your family this place is it! my friend mike, did get some shot opportunities but could not connect. we will be back !!!

i cant wait for the bar e in two weeks, i hope the exotics cooperate !

Bill

the family and friends..

boar

sow

nice sounds like a blast!!

Comment

congrats! glad you had success. see you in two weeks at Bar E.

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt - and some nice hogs!

Did you see any rams while you were there? I can't get over the size on the pictures on their website, and while I have several rams already, I can't help but think I'm going to try for one of those!

Comment

steve, the rams ther are magnificient, if i had the money with me i would have shot a corsican that they had, they are some record book animals!!

good luck,you will have fun!!

Bill

Comment

I'm heading out tomorrow, stopping in Kansas for a little bit and then heading that way. I'm kinda like the kid in the Disney commercial - I'm too excited to sleep. The beer is helping though.

Thanks for the info - I'm sure if a one of those rams presents a shot I won't have the willpower not to take it

Comment

Yall give em hell Steve. Remember I will be wishing I was there. Take a bunch of pics.

Comment

Nice porkage, Bill...glad Texas was hospitable to you and your family.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but what are their prices and how do you contact them?

Comment

Double L Ranch

Comment

Thank you Texastaxi.

Comment

Working...
                      X