No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep congrats. Deer were moving today. As I passed b2 two deer crossed the road

Comment

I got her quartered up and in the cooler just before it started get warm. Good start to the season!

Comment

First bow deer this morning! She was quartered away from me, and saw me as I drew the arrow back, she crouched and turned to the right when I released and the arrow (rage broad head) skipped off her shoulder and went right through her neck. Lucky shot!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
          First bow deer this morning! She was quartered away from me, and saw me as I drew the arrow back, she crouched and turned to the right when I released and the arrow (rage broad head) skipped off her shoulder and went right through her neck. Lucky shot!
          congrats danny

Comment

Pretty careless and risky shot. Glad u are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkkj View Post
              Careless? Don't think so, a quartering away shot is generally considered preferable to a full broadside shot amongst the hunters I know. Shooting a running deer, shooting a dear in the pelvis etc would be good examples of careless and risky shots. Thank you for your input though.

Comment

Careless? Don't think so, a quartering away shot is generally considered preferable to a full broadside shot amongst the hunters I know. Shooting a running deer, shooting a dear in the pelvis etc would be good examples of careless and risky shots. Thank you for your input though.
                U said she saw you on the draw. Shooting a deer on high alert is careless. Next time u probly won't be that lucky. Nevertheless careless and risky.

Comment

U said she saw you on the draw. Shooting a deer on high alert is careless. Next time u probly won't be that lucky. Nevertheless careless and risky.
                  Interesting perspective, guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Drama

It's always nice to have luck on your side! Dude needs to stop being so critical.

Comment

congrats Danny

Comment

Thanks everyone! It's been a long time coming

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                          Someone pulled a big buck out of b2 this morning.
                          Pics or it didn't happen lol

Comment

Heck of a good job Danny!

Comment

**** nice slices good kill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you have a nice doe on ice. Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X