sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coach2 View Post
    What about hunting from the ground? Pop up or even from a chair on pipelines. This is just a guess but I believe someone can shoot a doe pretty easy. If I get a doe tag. I'll shoot a doe real quick and go back to Ragtown. Do any of you moore plantation regulars see or have a problem with someone hunting off the ground on pipelines.
    I have tried it with very little success. You need to get off the ground in the Moore.

Comment

If you mean from a safety point of view, wear your orange and watch where others are parking, hunting ect... I know a lot of hunters are on the Moore the first couple of weeks, but its a big place, so as long as everyone respects each others "space" it should not be a big deal.

Comment

anyone hunt off of 2243 or 159? or in that area?

Comment

I agree with buckmastertexas, MP is huge. After opening weekend (bow & gun), the hunters thin out alot. I've personally never had any problems with other hunters there. Either everyone is really courteous, or I've managed to pack far enough into MP that it doesn't matter. I've learned the hard way, that if you try to hunt right off the roads, you will eventually get hunters walking in on you. Do the work (scout, scout & scout) so it doesn't matter. I have multiple spots to choose from. And I check them throughout the year for activity. Don't wait until the week before, or the day of, to try to find somewhere to hunt.

Comment

I know it's not in the Moore but here is a doe from the Sam Houston.

Good luck to all public land hunters going to be out there next week. I will be in your part of the woods one weekend this season.

Comment

As far as ground blinds go, their deadly (in a good way). I see nothing wrong with them. I personally use a climber, but I've seen the results of a ground blind, and their really good. Probably a little more unsafe than a climber, but still good.

Comment

We should get together one day and cook or something. I have a pile of ducks , someone bring the sausage and I will make a gumbo.

Comment

I've got a pile of ducks too. But no sausage either

Comment

I've got a camp up there right on the forest and we can get zumos as a last resort!

Comment

Coyotes taking over where I'm at.

Comment

Found some black bear scat too. Lots of it. I keep hoping to catch a glimpse of him, but I never do.

Comment

Good luck to u guys in the Moore, didn't see a thing today in the sam h. Had a doe at the stand half hour befor I was there. Maybe she will wait to sun rise tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by sm000 View Post
                            Coyotes taking over where I'm at.

I took one out today in Angelina National Forest

Comment

[IMG] [/IMG]
                              Last edited by Texbowhunter316; 09-28-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Ok.someone help me with the pic posting. I know that I have done it before but can't seem to make it work.
                                Last edited by Texbowhunter316; 09-28-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X