New ELR World Record with Factory Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ELR World Record with Factory Savage

Sorry if this has been posted before. Pretty cool he used a factory barreled action.

Using a (mostly) factory Savage rifle, Wise went three for three from a cold bore at 2,158 yards. His record-setting load included Lapua brass and Berger 300-grain hybrid bullets.

Eat that savage haters...impressive

Comment

Lucky...….LOL

Comment

Didn't Chris Kyle have a confirm kill on some jihad at 2100 yards???

Comment

Life is too short to have an ugly gun!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
            Eat that savage haters...impressive
            Life is too short to have an ugly gun!

Comment

Whew he barely got that first shot on target.

Comment

Saweet, congrats to him.

I enjoy the four I own, ugly as they may be.

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Thats is crazy good shooting!

Comment

I thought records were shot with 5 or 10 round groups🤓

Comment

No matter the rifle that is some fine shooting
                        Last edited by twosixteens; 08-29-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

That was some good shooting indeed. Since the format has been standardized now, the record has been getting pushed pretty often. I expect it will keep getting broken for awhile yet, too. I'm betting it will stall between 25-2,600 and new records will become a lot less frequent beyond that point. It's still in the range right now that it's likely getting broken "somewhere" almost every weekend, just not in an official attempt. It's very exciting to see where the limits will be now that everyone is running by the same rules. Lots of cool things going on in the ELR world right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                            Didn't Chris Kyle have a confirm kill on some jihad at 2100 yards???
                            He wasn’t shooting a stock rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                              That was some good shooting indeed. Since the format has been standardized now, the record has been getting pushed pretty often. I expect it will keep getting broken for awhile yet, too. I'm betting it will stall between 25-2,600 and new records will become a lot less frequent beyond that point. It's still in the range right now that it's likely getting broken "somewhere" almost every weekend, just not in an official attempt. It's very exciting to see where the limits will be now that everyone is running by the same rules. Lots of cool things going on in the ELR world right now.

How has the format been standardized? And why do you think it will continue to be broken? And what’s magic about the 2,500-2,600 range?

Genuinely curious. I know nothing about long range shooting. This all seems very fascinating to me. Would love to get into it but don’t have the coin or time to start right now with little kids running around.

Comment

Working...
                              X