No announcement yet.

S.h.n.f. 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've never referred to white oaks as pin oaks, so there may be a disconnect there. The water oaks and white oaks drop around the same time for us usually and thats followed by the red oaks (my "pin" oaks lol) and post oaks

Comment

For you guys that live near the NF - how's it looking with all this rain from Imelda?

Comment

I’m south of houst was planning to scout Monday but that may be delayed. Eyes to radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
          For you guys that live near the NF - how's it looking with all this rain from Imelda?
          Honestly it's kinda funny. We didn't get a ton of rain, maybe 3 inches. Who knows, maybe we will get more today or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The only section of woods that received much rain at all is the areas near cleveland and shepherd.

Comment

Shell oil rd hunters camp has only received 17" give or take lol

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                The only section of woods that received much rain at all is the areas near cleveland and shepherd.
                Yep, I second that. West and north end of the Sam didn't get a ton. West got probably 5 or 6. Over near the MoCo "disaster zone" probably got a bit more though since they took on about 5 inches of rain in an hour.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea I’m thinking about scouting and should be thankful for where I am instead of dealing with water like the folks in shepherd or Cleveland. Hope our GS brotherhood is doing ok up there

Comment

Careful out there with falling trees... I've had some close calls.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                      Did Damien quit this year? Good luck guys.

It seems a lot of fellows are out this year, the thread seems short compared to other years I just moved back to Texas, how is everyone doing, Good luck Guys!

Comment

We are all still around. Just staying busy with work. Most of the old guys talk in private now.

Comment

Oh I thought I was nixed out, I was trying to catch up with the thread this year, I’m up in the San Antonio area but plan to head out to SHNF

Comment

Stupid question but I’m new to public hunting- can you hunt hogs here at any time as long as you have an APH permit?

Comment

Yes - APH gives you year round feral hog hunting

Comment

Well I'm done with the scouting. 6 days and ill be hunting. I'm ready!

Comment

Working...
                                X