amazing scale material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazing scale material

walking around canton and came across this scale material.very impressed,cant remember what its called but I did get a business card
    Attached Files

That looks cool

Comment

Nice

Comment

Interesting. I keep meaning to go to Canton, but it's always on an inconvenient weekend.

Comment

Pretty cool material.

Where did you pick that up in Canton? Is there a knife makers shop there?

Comment

There are several knife makers set up at First Monday every month. There is also a guy that sells blanks and scales out there to several of them also. A lot of walking I and looking and you can find just about anything out there you want.

Paintman: if you have Facebook look up " Texas Blanks " in Euless. He always has some real nice knife scales and duck call blanks..

Comment

Terry; just be leery of scales that are simply resin filled. Some have too much resin and not enough binding and are subject to breaking. You know how I've been making my own for a long time, but I make sure they are not going to break. I like less that 5% resin.
              One reason I use a lot of G-10 they are reinforced with fiberglass.

This is going to sound stupid but I test them by throwing them hard into concrete. I don't know if you remember the ones I made with corn husks 50% resin, they Looked great, but didn't pass the test!

I did put them on a kitchen knife that I use today, because they are really cool but I sure wouldn't sell them. I haven't dropped that knife I don't know if they will break or not...

But they look really good, .

Comment

This stuff is called corolan or mica pearl.a lot of case knives have this material.this one is called rain forrest

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                  This stuff is called corolan or mica pearl.a lot of case knives have this material.this one is called rain forrest
                  Did you buy some? Do you remember how much it is? Boy I'm full of question today Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                    Did you buy some? Do you remember how much it is? Boy I'm full of question today Terry.
                    Was ten dollars a set

Comment

Thanks Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                        Interesting. I keep meaning to go to Canton, but it's always on an inconvenient weekend.
                        If you ever make it up, give me a shout Sam. If it's spring or summer time, the local bow shop has a 3d shoot every Saturday. You can sling some arrows with felix40 and I.

Comment

Oh cool. I plan on going in October when it's not so hot. I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                          X