Vforce .300 Arrow Spine and Brass Inserts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vforce .300 Arrow Spine and Brass Inserts question

Alright, so I am just about out of VAPs.

Debating buying more, but I've actually bent a few of the stainless steel inserts.

So, Im probably going to go back to the Victory Vforce. Im going to go with Gold Tip aluminum inserts, and play with how much weight I can get onthe back of the insert without making the spine too weak.

Im shooting a monster 6 at 70/29. Planning on shooting 100 gr points.

Anyone know if I could get 100 grains of brass up front without making the spine too weak? The Gold Tip weights come in 50gr and 20gr increments, and the aluminum insert itself weighs 22 grains as I recall. I know I'm gonna have to cut them as short as possible. Im also running a 30 grain 7 inch wraps, but Idk how much that will really help stiffening the spine. I could go less than 100 grains, but I'm wanting to go with a higher FOC.

Any input on this is appreciated!

I don't know about the VAPs, but Muddy Bloodsport 1's are available with an 85gr stainless insert or 45gr aluminum

Comment

I put 150 grains of the insert weights behind my 75/95 GT XT Hunters with a 100 grain head. 29" arrow at 70#'s, but it put my on the very underspined side. they still fly like darts for me, but well underspined.

Comment

I tried some of the Muddy inserts back when they were still Harvest Time archery. I think it will run into the same problem because the outsert sticks so far out it exerts too much pressure on the walls of the shaft. Henro on AT has tried a bunch of different things, but Im not to the point where I want to externally foot the insert. I tried the firenock outsert, but im wanting more weight out of them really.

But anyhow, on to the Vforce. I mean, I guess I could mount my rest a bit further back. I wish companies would make a mid-line .250 shaft...

Comment

Working...
        X