Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about added value of high fence per acre.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about added value of high fence per acre.

Let's say that land in general in one area typically sells for $3,500 per acre. If that land is then high fenced, how much would it then be valued at?

The high fence is is over 7 miles in length.

I don't know how ponds and lakes are figured into the value either.

High Fence new was about 10K per mile last time I checked........probably a lot more now as that was 5 years ago..

Comment

Why would you think it adds value?

7 miles cost 70k? So a 3500 acre pasture = $20 an acre.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Why would you think it adds value?

7 miles cost 70k? So a 3500 acre pasture = $20 an acre.
        Was thinking it's considered an "improvement". Land is used for both deer management and cattle ranching. Was trying to figure how seller arrived at their current asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepo View Post
          High Fence new was about 10K per mile last time I checked........probably a lot more now as that was 5 years ago..
          Thanks.

Comment

Try around 22-25K a mile now!

Comment

Originally posted by janak View Post
              Try around 22-25K a mile now!
              Bingo!

If you get a smoking deal, you can have high fence installed for around $20k mile. As for improving the value of the property, it's really dependent on what the fence has accomplished for the ranch. Unless the fence has had a direct impact on the quality of the animals behind it, it really isn't worth much more than the value of the fence. Now, if the herd has been improved, managed......or an exotic herd has been introduced......then you are paying for "turn-key".

If you can purchase a similar property, add the high fence, and end up with the same quality of animals behind it......then I wouldn't pay a premium.

Comment

Depends on the quality of the fence but general rule is a $100 per acre.

Comment

I would imagine that the value increase per acre depends on total fenced acres, no? Wouldn't a larger place increase the value of a closed deer herd?

Comment

Working...
                  X