Shake and Spray Duracoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shake and Spray Duracoat

Well I just got through Using this system... Its actually very easy.

Link : http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.c...ategory_id=929

Great how to Video Link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co70MNG6JiU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co70MNG6JiU[/ame]

Heres the steps I used.

1. I cleaned everything I wanted to paint with foaming glass cleaner, then I went to hot water with dawn dish soap, then brake cleaner, then the True Strip that comes with the kit; Apply TrueStrip to weapon/part & scrubbing pad, and degrease weapon/part.. (allowing time to dry between each step.) I realize this was probably WAY over kill, but you only get one shot to make sure its clean

2. Once all was clean and Dry I taped off the things I didnt want painted (scope lenses, serial number, gold ring, magification numbers, and rubber parts on the bipods). and I attached fishing string to all the parts and hung them in the garage to be painted. With the garage doors half open... always be smart and have a well ventilated area.

3. Shake the Duracoat for 3 minutes.

4. Dump DuraCoat and Hardener into supplied jar, and shake for 1 minute

5. Attach hose to Preval Sprayer, & then screw Preval Sprayer on to jar.

6. Spray weapon or part with DuraCoat, in layers, waiting 5 minutes between applications.

*NOTE: WHEN THEY SAY LIGHT COATS THEY MEAN IT. THIS STUFF WILL RUN QUICK. I Sprayed 5-6 light coats allowing the coats to dry 5 minutes between them.

*Also the can cannot be tilted more than 45 degrees so dont lay aynthing on the floor and expect to spray it... aint gonna work.

7. Wait 3-4 weeks to allow the duracoat to fully set.

There you have it. Very easy. Feel free to ask any questions. Im gonna upload some pics from my phone in a sec.

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

greatness

Comment

I've used that kit as well. It is easy to use. The only problem I found was that it is a one time thing. Because it is fairly expensive, one needs to paint as many items as possible to get your money's worth. Problem is trying to match up the amount of jobs to the volume of paint available.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
          I've used that kit as well. It is easy to use. The only problem I found was that it is a one time thing. Because it is fairly expensive, one needs to paint as many items as possible to get your money's worth. Problem is trying to match up the amount of jobs to the volume of paint available.
          Caswell will give you 10% off if you leave an item in your cart on their website but not buy it... They first email with 5% off, disregard that one. In a few more days they will offer 10% to complete your order.

Comment

Here's the scope after the tape and a little excessive paint removed.

I like it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Like I said Nate, hope it holds up better for you than it did for me. I even had my barrel bead blasted and decreased and it's still coming off.

Good luck bro.

Comment

Niceeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Like I said Nate, hope it holds up better for you than it did for me. I even had my barrel bead blasted and decreased and it's still coming off.

Good luck bro.
                  Thanks Mike,

I hope it does too. I just had this in my mind and couldnt get it out.... Once I get an idea its tough to stop it.

Speaking of.... This whole gun might become a casualty of my new found lust for a suppressed 300blk....

Another idea that I cant get out of my mind...

Comment

Working...
                  X