Video ~ Doe Down & Missed a Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video ~ Doe Down & Missed a Hog

I went to the lease this weekend. Checked the cameras and I had hogs coming in at one of my spots for 2 weeks straight during shooting hours. I'm hunting from a pop up on the ground. I have been having trouble shooting high all year, and have lost a few does because of it. I have seen all the does that I shot, luckily doing good with no major problems. I have been telling myself to shot low. Well, I shot to low, you can see the arrow go right under the hog.

About 30 minutes later, I had a little button buck come in followed by a doe. I told myself to aim at the bottom of the body. My shot was off but still right at the V. As you can see from the video, I hit high & back because she dropped. Luckily, I hit the artery right under the spine, and she only ran about 40 yards.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    Attached Files
    Last edited by careybirdwell; 12-06-2015, 02:12 PM.

I know that spot. I used to hunt that same lease. Is Wayne still the manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Texasgamehunter View Post
      I know that spot. I used to hunt that same lease. Is Wayne still the manager?
      Yes he is, how long have you been off it?

Comment

2 years now. There is some awesome late season duck hunting on the ponds. if you get back in at stand # 2.5 and in the woods on the North side of the food plot, you will get some good action.

Comment

That spot is pretty awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasgamehunter View Post
            2 years now. There is some awesome late season duck hunting on the ponds. if you get back in at stand # 2.5 and in the woods on the North side of the food plot, you will get some good action.
            I know nothing about duck hunting, but I have been watching the ducks on the pond the last few weeks. I might get a duck stamp this year

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
              X