No announcement yet.

Deer price hunts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very cheap but, that’s the way things are going now. Everyone and there mothers are selling deer hunts now and it’s getting very competitive. Without pricing like that it’s very hard to sell anything more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
      Like some have already said, there are places out there you can kill 140-170" deer for 3-4k now. Years ago that deer would 2-3xs more. I remember when a 200" was gold or platinum at most ranches and would be 15-25k. Places like the Nooner Ranch would be booked solid for the year. Mainly corporate hunts were taking place and I have seen a lot of big deer killed on those types of hunts.
      Wait until oil booms again. Prices will shoot back up

Comment

This is my 4th year without a lease. Searching continuously. I'm been fortunate to get invites from vendors and contractors every year and have taken my fair share of exotics and WT up to 180". I would give all of that up in a heartbeat to be able to get back on a lease where I can bring my family. Nothing like the time spent with family and friends setting up, filling feeders and sitting around the fire....So, if anyone knows of anything...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          i'm really surprised you are on facebook john.

the word "guaranteed" is a no go for me, no matter the price.
          My job gives me a lot of down time and I have to do something....

Comment

Deer price hunts...

Originally posted by easeup View Post
            What is there to hunt when the outcome is a guarantee?

The word hunt has taken the place of shoot nowadays. I would say way less than 50% of hunters in Texas know how to actually hunt.
            Last edited by rtp; 09-26-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              The would hunt has taken the place of shoot nowadays. I would say way less than 50% of hunters in Texas know how to actually hunt.
              Sit in the 12ft high caged in whitetail exhibit on top of a timed feeder box and wait their turn to flick a shot.

Easy peezy.

Comment

Considering a fella i know that works/worked for a deer raising ranch tells me they sell 170" deer for 2500 bucks that hunt is still making money

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I’d be surprised if they shoot back up to where they were with the increase in the number of deer breeders that are out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                    In a high fence, pen raised deer scenario, 170” are way on the low end. 200” bucks are not even a big deal any more.
                    Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    I agree it may have a slight uptick, but I think the prices will continue to be in this range. Places will sell out their hunts easier, but it's so competitive now and so many ranches will have to keep prices low to compete. I know of one place selling up to 225" for around $3500.

Comment

Supply>demand.

Comment

Can you guys post a link or at least give
                        the names where I can
                        Shoot a 200" deer for
                        $3500
                        $3000 for a 170"...
                        Internet talk has me a
                        bit suspicious.

Comment

I am not sure a 180" deer has been killed off my general lease in over 5 years. I am sure that none over 140 have been killed off the bow only property in that same time.

Having said that, I have two places to go year round to get away, predator hunt and unwind. That blessing is rewarded with double the work, time, travel, effort and cost.

Paying for a big deer would be cheaper. It all boils down to what you want. If it is just big horns, buy a deer throw in a few dollars to have it skinned for you and be back in the city without blood on your clothes.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to clarify, I have no issues with high fence or paying for a certain inch deer. Getting on a lease and not showing up for work weekends, etc. Is unfair to the others. Some people do not have the time to put into a year round lease and that is a-ok!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

These guaranteed HF hunts making us all look silly

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                The word hunt has taken the place of shoot nowadays. I would say way less than 50% of hunters in Texas know how to actually hunt.
                                Exactly. Lot's of folks confuse the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X