Almost Happened!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Happened!

I have hit a few nocks, but never had one this close with the longbow. I firmly believe if I had been shooting my rhinehart that the shaft would have been messed up. I have a very worn out layered target I am shooting for now while my other target solidifies from the "Rick Repair" I am doing. :-D

This was close enough to be exciting, but no damage to arrow.
    Attached Files

Id call it close enough and be glad didnt ruin a $10 arrow! And good shooting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

I agree. Nice shot.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

X3

Arrows are to darn expensive for such things, and you hit just about as dead center as you can get.

Rick

Comment

Just a heads up... be mindful of whether or not you cracked the shaft. I hit one the other day and had a hairline crack in the shaft at the nock. I see you have wraps and might not see it.

Good shooting!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, and Swamprabbit, you are right. I need to check the shaft over pretty good. Might put a little super glue on the next nock in. It's not recommended, but for target arrows I have done it a few times. No wraps, just pretty pink blems. :-)

Comment

Good shooting! The first Robin Hood is cool and should be kept as a trophy. After that, they are just expensive!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Good shooting! The first Robin Hood is cool and should be kept as a trophy. After that, they are just expensive!

Bisch
                x2

Comment

Really, after the first one it gets painful.
                  Actually, to avoid such pain I don't shoot at foam targets anymore. I built a frame and hung 3 layers of canvas tarp and maybe some old carpet. I shoot blunts at practice golf balls suspended by strings. The arrows hit and bounce off to the ground. I can shoot as many as I want before retrieving arrows.
                  I don't shoot groups anymore.

Comment

Nice shot! One arrow, one target for me. I hate buying and retuning arrows because I nicked one. Plus you only get one shot at an animal anyway, it also increases your steps.

Comment

Nice shot. Sorry about the nock. I stuck two together about a week ago. Took a picture and pulled them apart. No real damage to the shaft so I put in a new nock.

Ruined a nock today. I need to buy a couple of dozen nocks as I will be robbing them from the grandkid's arrows before long. Sooner or later I will put six dots on the target and use one arrow per dot. That is not near as satisfying as having a cluster of arrows or having a two inch gap that you try to slip an arrow into. It's still cheaper than golf.

Comment

You cursed more than one of us, lol. I did not mind either of mine today, both were bare shafts. I was lucky on one and not so lucky on the other, one arrow was wasted. I rarely ever shoot more than one arrow at the same target, not so much worried about wasting arrows. Shooting one arrow per target keeps me more focused it seems. Shooting bare shafts, well you need to shoot the same target, lol.

Like mentioned above, make sure the shaft did not split. You can put a new nock in and if there is any play, throw it away!!!

Comment

Great shooting....it does get expensive!! But dang! I love to shoot groups.....Just something satisfying about seeing them all packed into one spot....or my case usually spread out in a large area...but OCCASIONALLY I will shoot a nice group...

The targets with the 5 dots work good (as mentioned) to save arrows...

BUT DANG I LOVE TO SHOOT GROUPS....(did I already say that...haha)

Comment

Originally posted by yleecoyote23 View Post
                            Great shooting....it does get expensive!! But dang! I love to shoot groups.....Just something satisfying about seeing them all packed into one spot....or my case usually spread out in a large area...but OCCASIONALLY I will shoot a nice group...

The targets with the 5 dots work good (as mentioned) to save arrows...

BUT DANG I LOVE TO SHOOT GROUPS....(did I already say that...haha)
                            Nobody will ever notice your groups, they'll be looking at your bow.

Comment

Working...
                            X