Cottonseed lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed lover

This guy found my cottonseed a few days ago and has been a regular now. The deer are flat killing the cottonseed for about the last month. Wheat is up (9.5 ACRES) and three corn feeders going like crazy and they are still hammering the cottonseed.
    Attached Files

It's weird to me that they eat cottonseed but I never c them in a cotton field. Every time I hunt around cotton my deer sightings drop then they plant wheat and it goes up.

Comment

They hammer the young cotton plants a couple of miles down the road from me. The farmers hate the deer. I also know some of the deer will eat the seed after it opens on the plant too. You don't see this too much though. They will just hammer it when it is laid out buffet style.

Comment

Pretty little guy...nice pics!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
          They hammer the young cotton plants a couple of miles down the road from me. The farmers hate the deer. I also know some of the deer will eat the seed after it opens on the plant too. You don't see this too much though. They will just hammer it when it is laid out buffet style.
          Yep. If you can plow a straight furrow, a deer can walk it and nibble up everything that sprouted.

Comment

nice photos

Comment

cool close pics

how much you pay per ton?

Comment

I pay about $265.00/ ton. Just 6 months ago it was $165.00/ton at the same place. Going for more today.

Comment

Working...
                X