Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a monster kudu! Congrats!

Comment

This is one of my favorite threads, beautiful deer! Keep up the hard work, sure is rewarding to grow deer of the caliber you guys have out there.

Comment

Sweet baby jesus !!!!!!!

Comment

McMullen Ranch Thread

2020 Target Acquired! I’ve wanted to hunt this deer for years. He is 7.5 this season and has a beautiful double throat patch. Only thing he is missing is a drop! I’m going to wait till it cools off a little bit but I should start hunting him in early November. Pretty excited about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow...he is gorgeous!!! Good luck!!! How many inches doe you think he put on since 2018? Looks like a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              Wow...he is gorgeous!!! Good luck!!! How many inches doe you think he put on since 2018? Looks like a lot!

You asked a good question. I have no idea. I’d say 165” and now around 190”??? Just a wild guess on both fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                You asked a good question. I have no idea. I’d say 165” and now around 190”??? Just a wild guess on both fronts.

I would agree, but I think he put on 40”. Beaded off that pic, I don’t see how that deer doesn’t break 200”.

Comment

I would agree, but I think he put on 40”. Beaded off that pic, I don’t see how that deer doesn’t break 200”.

Well hopefully if all goes well, we will have a final tally on this years score! I might have the sheds from 2018 somewhere. I’ll have to take a look at the ranch next time I’m there.

Comment

After looking at a computer sized image vs my phone.......I hope you are right that he breaks that magic number. It will all depend on his extras. If he breaks something off between now and the time I can get an arrow in him. He will probably have 15" of extras including the split on that Lft G2. Fingers crossed.I haven't put a pen to paper on him yet. I will though. I have looked at lots of trail camera pictures of bucks this year but I have too much history with him not to chase him.

Comment

After looking at a computer sized image vs my phone.......I hope you are right that he breaks that magic number. It will all depend on his extras. If he breaks something off between now and the time I can get an arrow in him. He will probably have 15" of extras including the split on that Lft G2. Fingers crossed.I haven't put a pen to paper on him yet. I will though. I have looked at lots of trail camera pictures of bucks this year but I have too much history with him not to chase him.

He has all of the right parts!

Comment

Best of luck chasing that (200") hammertoad. If he does not touch 200" he will scare the holy heck out of it in my opinion.

Rwc

Comment

McMullen Ranch Thread

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          Best of luck chasing that (200") hammertoad. If he does not touch 200" he will scare the holy heck out of it in my opinion.

Rwc

Thanks Richard! I actually am cooling off on this deer. I think that is a really good picture of him and I don't think he will break that 200". I honestly don't care what he scores but I think I may give him another year. He is 7.5 this year but I have no reason to think he won't make it till 8.5. I have to see him in person. If I am not blown away with him in person, I think I am going to try and shoot the most non typical trashy looking buck I can find. We want to try and grow as clean, typical bucks as we can. There are a few that don't fit in that category. We will just have to see as the season progresses. This trashy guy might make the cut. Just have to see.

Last edited by TildenHunter; 10-15-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks Richard! I actually am cooling off on this deer. I think that is a really good picture of him and I don't think he will break that 200". I honestly don't care what he scores but I think I may give him another year. He is 7.5 this year but I have no reason to think he won't make it till 8.5. I have to see him in person. If I am not blown away with him in person, I think I am going to try and shoot the most non typical trashy looking buck I can find. We want to try and grow as clean, typical bucks as we can. There are a few that don't fit in that category. We will just have to see as the season progresses. This trashy guy might make the cut. Just have to see.

decisions decisions......what a high class problem.

Comment

Originally posted by millman View Post
                              decisions decisions......what a high class problem.
                              Someone has to take out the trash. Even if it is BIG trash! This is not the type of deer we want running around. I didn't say it was a problem I am upset about

Comment

Someone has to take out the trash. Even if it is BIG trash! This is not the type of deer we want running around. I didn't say it was a problem I am upset about
                                I work in the trash business so can come take out the small trash if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X