Light bill at the lease . Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light bill at the lease . Need advice

Ok the light bill is in my name and there is me and two other people on the pole.

There is nothing running in my truck when I'm not there one guy has a refrigerator running in his trailer. The other guy has a 40 foot trailer with a full size freezer outside running a full size refrigerator inside running and he leaves his air conditioner running on a thermostat.

Before when it was just me on the pole mine would be 18 dollars in the offseason and about $30 during the season. Ever since the guy got on the pole it ran $80 -100 dollars a month.
    My question is how do you split that up so it's fair for all parties ?
    Last edited by BigThicketBoy; 10-22-2014, 08:27 PM.

Show him some of your past bills and explain to him you and the other guy that uses about the same as you do will pay what the bill used to be, he will pay the rest if he insists on funning the appliances the way he does.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      Ok the light bill is in my name and there is me and two other people on the pole.

There is nothing running in my truck when I'm not there one guy has a refrigerator running in his trailer. The other guy has a 40 foot trailer with a full size freezer outside running a full size refrigerator inside running and he leaves his air conditioner running on a thermostat.

Before when it was just me on the pole my life would be 18 dollars in the offseason and about $30 during the season. Ever since the guy got on the pole it ran $80 -100 dollars a month.
      My question is how do you split that up so it's fair for all parties ?
      Separate meters

Comment

He who runs more, pays more.

Comment

I finally made the others on my pole get their own as I always got the short end of deal

Comment

60-20-20

Why be fair if one is using more power, then he should pay more. That seems fair to me. Or have him turn of the AC and see how much the bill drops.

Comment

3 ways. Using that full sized freezer will probably come in handy

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                Show him some of your past bills and explain to him you and the other guy that uses about the same as you do will pay what the bill used to be, he will pay the rest if he insists on funning the appliances the way he does.
                This. Of course i think the guy should have already came to you and offered to pay more before the first bill came in.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                  Separate meters
                  The reason the share meters is because they would have to put in another transformer to add more poles.

Comment

Tell him to turn his AC off when he is not going to be there. Then Divide by 3 and call it even

Comment

Well I would start with talking to the others on the poll. Surely they would understand that If they use more they should pay more. However if all party's on the lease have use of the all equipment being powered I would say split it. Money always make for tension talks so I would get it over with quick. Good luck

Comment

Well if you were paying $30/month before he got on the pole during season and now it's running $80-$100 with 3 of you on the meter it seems to me if you split it 3 ways you would still be paying $30/month.

Comment

My dad and I pay for 2 shares of electricity and share a camper so you can say we are cheated. But it's still cheaper than getting getting our own meter or gas for generator. Figure up the overall bill. If you run your own meter and make him get his own, are you going to really save much. And it might cause friction. Or there is plenty of other members on here who would like a lease and might pay their fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Tell him to turn his AC off when he is not going to be there. Then Divide by 3 and call it even
                            This!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post

yup....no reason to run the AC when he's not there. Thats just extra wear and tear on a unit. Didn't somebody on TBH burn down a trailer because they left something on when gone? I know SilentAssassin came in to a bad ac when he got to his property when doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X