Just gotta vent....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just gotta vent....

So I bought a peddle drive kayak back in January. It's under warranty, and the last time that I took it out, it was making a clicking noise when I peddled. So, on the way home, I dropped the peddle drive off at the place that I bought it to have it checked out. I heard nothing for two weeks, so I called them yesterday morning. The guy in the kayak department tells me that they've "finished with everything else" so they'll look at it that day and get back to me that afternoon. Well, I finally get a call today, and the guy says it's ready. I ask him if he can have it sent to the store close to my house, and he says sure. Then I ask what was wrong with it?. He says nothing, and we didn't charge you labor, but "you can take care of us the next time you're in the store." So, I'm supposed to be so grateful that they didn't charge me labor on a unit that was UNDER WARRANTY and that they didn't fix that I drop them some green for their trouble! Unbelievable. And, I can guarantee you that it will be making that noise again the next time that I use it. Millennials!

Need more data. Price paid, brand, store purchased at.

Comment

You don't even know what they did yet, they carried the thing across town for you, charged you nothing...and yer already ******?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would like to know what store this is. I don't think I would be spending my money there.

Comment

Boo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            You don't even know what they did yet, they carried the thing across town for you, charged you nothing...and yer already ******?

They didn't carry a ****ed thing. They are sending to the other store with the weekly truck.

Comment

How do you know Millenials worked on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                How do you know Millenials worked on it?
                I know the two who work the kayak area.

Comment

I'm not doing this. I hope your yak is fixed.

Comment

1st world problems.

Comment

How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        So I bought a peddle drive kayak back in January. It's under warranty, and the last time that I took it out, it was making a clicking noise when I peddled. So, on the way home, I dropped the peddle drive off at the place that I bought it to have it checked out. I heard nothing for two weeks, so I called them yesterday morning. The guy in the kayak department tells me that they've "finished with everything else" so they'll look at it that day and get back to me that afternoon. Well, I finally get a call today, and the guy says it's ready. I ask him if he can have it sent to the store close to my house, and he says sure. Then I ask what was wrong with it?. He says nothing, and we didn't charge you labor, but "you can take care of us the next time you're in the store." So, I'm supposed to be so grateful that they didn't charge me labor on a unit that was UNDER WARRANTY and that they didn't fix that I drop them some green for their trouble! Unbelievable. And, I can guarantee you that it will be making that noise again the next time that I use it. Millennials!
                        Brother I can so relate. Purchased the lifetime front end alignment from a chain store that does breaks. Last time I was in they needed to make adjustments. The guy ringing me up says we took care of you this time even though you're past the warranty. I wasn't in much of a mood to get into it but it really chapped me that he was acting like they were doing me a favor.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          Brother I can so relate. Purchased the lifetime front end alignment from a chain store that does breaks. Last time I was in they needed to make adjustments. The guy ringing me up says we took care of you this time even though you're past the warranty. I wasn't in much of a mood to get into it but it really chapped me that he was acting like they were doing me a favor.
                          Lifetime Warranty doesn’t mean what you think. It’s dirty, but it’s what they do.

Comment

I bought a bike to ride to work last last year - 18 speed and even as a grown man I’d never had a multiple speed bike. First day riding it I was frustrated and jamming the gear shifters. I threw the chain and even after getting it back on the thing was making all kinds of racket.

I took it back to the store and the same millineal kid who sold me the bike just smiled asked me, “So, what did you do to the bike Sir.” I admitted what I did and he said - give me 20 minutes and let me take a look. He got it all fixed and gave me a quick lesson. I asked for my bill and he said, no charge, just think about shopping here in the future instead of on-line.

...it’s all about approach on both sides.

Comment

I got a lifetime alignment policy in '84 from a local firestone store, on an 82 Dodge truck I used to have. they aligned my front end every year until 2000. Only time I paid extra was when something was worn out that I couldn't fix. They even pointed out things like tie rod ends and ball joints, I would replace them then take it back so they could re-align after the fix. They never griped about it. Maybe just that particular owner but I always got good, friendly service from them

Comment

Working...
                              X