Question for the mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the mechanics

Who makes the best creeper for working on cars? Not really sure on budget. My dad finally has his shop he has been wanting for years with a nice flat level floor and he needs an upgrade from the plywood with casters he currently uses.

All recommendations are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a craftsman. It’s fine. If I did it again I’d get one with a brake. Even on level ground it’s frustrating at times.

Comment

Lisle plastic creeper, made in USA

Comment

Do they still make the Bone ones? I always thought those were neat when I was messing with cars. I have a craftsman with an adjustable headrest. I can't remember if it has a brake on it or not.

Comment

These hands down are the best

Comment

Northern Tool has some decent units.

Comment

I'm a big guy 6'7" talk and 350#.
              I work on Semi Trailers.
              I liked the Bone I had caused it was lower to the ground made it easier to get under things, trailer axles.
              If I was writing on the under carriage I'd turn it sideways and sit on it in the middle. Tools to my left new parts to the right. It didn't last and ended up breaking. I bought another brand of plastic creeper with the same result.
              I switched to a Snap On but gre casters heigth coming loose and breaking.
              I bought all new cars and put some red loctite on the caster bolts about 2 days before it got run over by a driver in a hurry. Luckily I wasn't on it.
              I decided not to replace it and just used my Carhart jacket as my "creeper"...

Comment

Working...
              X