X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMC: The Son

Anyone watching this one?

Wife and I are half way through season 1

Starring Pierce Brosnan as charismatic Texas rancher Eli McCullough, "The Son" is a sweeping family saga based on Philipp Meyer's same-title best-seller. Ten hourlong episodes trace the McCullough heritage across 150 years and three generations, focusing on Eli's transformation from hard-working family man to paranoid, calculating killer. He's desperate to ensure his legacy by building a ranching-and-oil dynasty of unsurpassed wealth, a plan that ultimately pits him against his well-off Spanish neighbor, Pedro Garcia. A series of flashbacks brings viewers into the world of a young Eli and his father figure, Comanche war chief Toshaway, and explores the McCullough's ascension to become a powerful family dynasty in Texas.

I'm trying my best to hold out and read the book first.

Heard the show is awesome as well.

Comment

Waiting on season 2. When does it start? Great show

Comment

I don’t know if I can get over pierce brosnan’s horrible, horrible country accent. Other than that it looks like a good show from the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
          I don’t know if I can get over pierce brosnan’s horrible, horrible country accent. Other than that it looks like a good show from the trailer.

My lord is this a good show. Waiting on season 2. There is some crazy good stuff in that season...

Comment

Where are you watching season 1? I read the book and really enjoyed it. I had checked Netflix for season 1, but wasn’t available

Comment

Awesome first season.....been impatiently waiting for season 2.

Comment

We really like it too....come on season 2!!

Comment

I really enjoyed the book. I went into watching the series with lowered expectations but was pleasantly surprised for the most part. There are definitely some scenes I did not remember from the book (a gay bar in Austin circa 1917?) overall I think it is pretty good. At least they filmed it in Texas. A lot of those old Texas movies were filmed in California or Monument Valley Arizona. The rest of the country may not know the difference but those of us who live in Texas do.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                    Where are you watching season 1? I read the book and really enjoyed it. I had checked Netflix for season 1, but wasn’t available

Hulu

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

Considering his lineage (Scottish or Irish) and the time... his is probably a lot closer to what the modern Texas drawl has morphed into.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                        Considering his lineage (Scottish or Irish) and the time... his is probably a lot closer to what the modern Texas drawl has morphed into.
                        Bingo. It has killed me that so many people can't realize that back in the 1800's there was not a "Texas Drawl". There were settlers from all over the World. It is much closer to accurate with his accent than if they used Tommy Lee Jones.

Comment

Wife and I enjoyed season 1 and we are awaiting season 2.

Comment

Read the book some time back. Loved the story and writing style with the constant flashbacks. The film was good. Waiting for next episode. Everyone interested in Texas history will enjoy the story.

Comment

I too,really like season 1. Cant wait for season 2.
                              Tje AMC app had some of the shows from season1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X